The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I just realised this thread has 70 million views! :eek:

Screenshot 2022-12-06 121310.png

Melody Mc., Sjoerd and Daniel W like this.
  2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Wow! That is amazing Frank!!
    Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 2°C and overcast. Another gloomy day.
    Had fun wrapping gifts yesterday! DD and I wrapped all the gifts and put them under our tree, and its looking like Santa has already been here!
    A few more gifts to buy and we will be done. My grandchildren are getting spoiled this year, and my kids aren't doing too bad either haha
    Have a great day all :)

Melody Mc., Sjoerd and Frank like this.
  3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Amazing, Frank.
    I look every day.

Frank likes this.
  4. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 3°C and overcast.
    I've been for my dog walk, and then turned on the slowcooker with a piece of pork for tonights (requested) pulled pork supper. I'll let it go all day and pull it right before we leave for the rink. Its one of my sons favorite meals! I made 2 dozen zucchini nut muffins yesterday and there are only 6 left this morning! I'm going to have to get used to having another man in the house again!

Sjoerd likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

It sounds like that boy of yours is a good eater.
    When my parents would take me to visit family, the visit was met with a combination of happiness to see us and trepidation, RE my eating prowess, I can still hear my opa asking where I put all the food— and did I have a hollow leg?
    On the other hand my oma was thrilled. It was a sort of compliment to her, I guess.

Netty likes this.
  6. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 1°C and overcast. There was a lovely full moon up this morning.
    Its Thursday, so I'm off to do my errands and grocery shopping. I'll be hitting up a few extra stores today, in hopes of finishing my Christmas shopping.

Sjoerd likes this.
  7. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -5°C and snowing. Weatherman says were are getting 5-10cm of snow today.
    I've had a chicken and veggies in the slow cooker all night and it's going to become some chicken noodle soup for my SIL, who is fighting a cold. It's got my organic garden onions, garlic, and carrots and I'll throw in some peas near the end. It smells amazing in here!

Sjoerd likes this.
  8. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -5°C and overcast.
    I've had my dog walk and I'm sitting by the woodstove with a hot cup of coffee.
    Today is gift wrapping day! This will (hopefully) allow me to make a final list of things to pickup before Christmas.
    I found it very hard to stick to my budget where my grandkids are concerned ... so much in the stores that they would love!
    Oh and yesterdays chicken noodle soup was amazing!

Sjoerd likes this.
  9. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -17°C and sunny. This is the coldest morning so far this fall.
    We drove home from the rink late last night and commented that everything was sparkling like a skating dress. This morning on my dog walk I was awed by the beauty of all the ice crystals and the pink sunrise. Mother Nature sure is trying to make up for the deep freeze last night!

Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.
  10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Netty—Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr……

Today the Christmas cards went out.

Melody Mc. and Netty like this.
  11. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -11°C and sunny. Weatherman says Mother Nature is bringing bad weather Thursday into Friday, but today is going to be beautiful!
    Lots to do around the house today, and then off to the rink this evening.

Sjoerd likes this.
  12. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -1°C and snowing. We had a "significant snow event" yesterday, and its still snowing nice big flakes this morning. Thankfully the winds are gone now and the now seems to be tapering off. Its the really wet, heavy kind of snow that is SO much fun to shovel!
    Got my shopping and errands done yesterday, the Christmas cards mailed out, and 95% of the Christmas shopping done. Today I am canning the last of the garden tomatoes that were in the freezer - I had to pull them out to make room for the Christmas turkey!

13. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

A wonderful connection between people that you started Frank. :)

Sjoerd, Netty and Frank like this.
  14. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

A pretty winter morning here. - 15 C but preparing for Sunday - Wednesday being in the -30 range. So today is finish the rest of the ploughing, open up the bay of wood that is Fir for longer hotter burning, check the light bulbs under the house and in the pump shack to be sure everyone is on and doing their job. Then some baking for my son who is coming to visit in two days, and I'm hoping for a snowshoe to the creek before it gets too cold to enjoy. My gifties for hubby were wrapped and under the tree this morning, and the last care package of baked goodies will be dropped off with a neighbour today.

Sjoerd likes this.
  15. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -5°C and overcast. I found it eerily quiet this morning on my dog walk - not a sound anywhere, just my footstep squeaking on the snow. Home now with a hot cup of coffee and beans cooking on the stove for canning up in a while. Realized on my dog walk that there was something very important I forgot to pick up for my son for Christmas gift this year - underwear! So I ordered while walking - thanks Amazon, they'll be here tomorrow haha

Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.