The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -6°C and overcast. It was a chilly dog walk today!
    I think DD and I are going to head to the mall today. She has gift cards from Christmas to use up and wont rest until they are spent!
    I'm just going for all the exercise ;)
    Have a great day all :)

Sjoerd likes this.
  2. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

It sounds like a trip to the mall is “on the cards” then, Netty. Have a ball.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  3. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Does that offer also extend for you to cook in my lil kitchen?

Sjoerd likes this.
  4. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Netty… same temps here too! Fun beach walking dogs and windy, we have to watch all our fluffy furry do’s. really windy at Seaside coast.

Attached Files:

Netty and Sjoerd like this.

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Why sure. I am a highly trained sous chef (on the job) :D
    The tasting talents are also top notch, as I bragged above.
    I may need some training if required to make milkshakes. My talent there is…consuming. Surprise, surprise.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
    Melody Mc. likes this.
  6. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Great what’s for supper?

7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Salmon oké? With own green veg and parsnip purée?

Pacnorwest likes this.
  8. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Now that sounds delicious… I luv salmon…
    Speaking of salmon I went salmon fishing on the Wilson river Oregon coast…caught two huge salmon. They have quit a fight .

Sjoerd likes this.
  9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I’ll bet that was so much fun for you. I have fished for them in Canada and Alaska. I did not really appreciate them when I lived there as much as I do now.

Melody Mc. and Pacnorwest like this.
  10. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

We took them to a packing company to prep them for the freezer now was a 32# the other 29#. We had salmon for a couple of years . have you ever made salmon croquettes? or patty’s..we had so much .. I ran out of ways to prepare salmon.
    Living in Alaska is a whole better experience when fishing. How long were you there? Gardening in 24 hour day light?

Sjoerd likes this.
  11. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hiya Pac. My mum would make salmon croquettes for us frequently when I was a child. Too frequently. I found them dry and not exceedingly tasty. Ahh, but now my buds have changed, as they say.

Now-a-days I am a big fan of salmon patties and of course loins, fillets and the like.

When living in Alaska, we also ran out of ways of preparing salmon, but my Bride did pickle strips and they were also quite good. We actually had so much salmon that we would trade it for moose and reindeer with neighbours. We even gave our husky some now and then. I have never known such abundance since then.

As for gardening up there, well I did not really have the time for it. I was a very energetic outdoor person (hiking and camping) and worked long hours. We spent five years there. What a wonderful time of life that was.

Melody Mc. and Pacnorwest like this.
  12. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast. We haven't seen sun for a while now, I'd better take some vitamin D.
    We didn't get to the mall yesterday, we decided to go today because we also wanted to go to the skating boutique and they weren't open yesterday. Sounds like an expensive day :setf_050:
    I did end up getting into high cleaning mode yesterday and also posted some free stuff on our local social media. Its amazing how fast stuff can disappear if you advertise "FREE"!
    I also ordered another shelf for my home canned goods, it should arrive today. I love amazon!

Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  13. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

Tai Chi for Seniors class this am. This uses Tai Chi to improve balance and coordination, as opposed to self defense. It also gets me away from the house and chores and stuff.

Melody Mc., Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  14. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Sjoerd what a fantastic life full of the outdoorsmen life. The fishing and hunting… takes skills.
    Never like deer or moose to games no matter what is done to disguise it. But the made the best gravy,
    Never thought to pickle salmon maybe make jerky. Sounds like you have live an exceptional life.

Netty how wonderful you are canning. I haven’t done that in years .. so much work. Nothing like shelves full of canned goods prepared by yourself. Do you have a fav thing to can?

Daniel.. ya gotta keep those core muscles strong. Enjoy your class.

Sjoerd likes this.
  15. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast.
    A successful day out yesterday. DD got a few things at the mall, as well as new skate laces and a new skating dress at the boutique. I tried on some winter coats but ended up without one. I did get a pair of pants. Then it was home to walk the dog, make dinner and head to the rink.
    I don't have a favorite thing to can. I do prefer to pressure can over water bath or steam can, but I can do all three. I put up a lot of my garden produce, but also do dry beans, BBQ pork, meats, soups and stews and what every I get a good deal on at the stores. Its just something I enjoy doing and I like that I know exactly what is in my food. Its also very convenient to have ready meals in jars for those busy skating days. The next thing I want to try canning is chili.

Melody Mc., marlingardener and Sjoerd like this.