The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Good afternoon friends :)
    It's freezing here, keep warm and have a lovely Sunday.

2. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Netty that is an amazing gift and so thoughtful! I'm going to file that one away for future reference

Pacnorwest, Gail-Steman and Netty like this.
  3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -1°C and raining, and then freezing. School busses are cancelled due to the ice on the roads. Weatherman says its going to warm up to 3°C shortly so that is good.
    A busy few days but today I can stay home and get some work done. My dryer quit yesterday, so I'm hoping I can get DH to fix it because I really dont want to buy a new one. There is laundry drying all over my house today because of the rain. Yesterday I was able to use the clothes line outside. Lots of cleaning to do today because we haven't been home.
    I'm waiting patiently for a seed order to arrive, could be any day now. I ordered some veggies seeds from a new to me Canadian seed company.
    Have a great day all :)

4. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Netty… bummer dryer on the fritz…I can visualize clog hanging from a clothesline inside a new designer touch. :chuckle: when mine goes bonkers it’s usually a solenoid. It is a small ignition valve gas or electric dryers have them.

But ya never know with these new dryers. Mine is old 40 plus years.. so is my washer. No plastic parts . Both work like a charm all these years.

Advertisement
  5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

God formiddag! Today is 1 deg C and cloudy. We had rain again yesterday and everything is glazed over with ice. We might get some more rain or sleet today, so both driving and walking must be done with care. We have spikes on our shoes and spikes on the tyres, but ice with water on top is still dangerous. The emergency rooms are flooded with people who are too cool to wear spikes on their shoes. I hope they don't run out of plaster! I'm not going outside today if I can avoid it. Got some housework to do. Have a wonderful Wednesday all.

Melody Mc. and Pacnorwest like this.
  6. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

This week's tornados come on Thursday.

Pacnorwest likes this.
  7. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 1°C and overcast. There is a lovely layer of water on top of all the ice, so my dog walk was taken with extreme caution this morning.
    Not a lot going on today, just some housework and puttering around the house. We'll be at the rink tonight, so I think a pot of chili might be on todays menu.

Droopy, Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  8. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Dirt saw 7 tornados hit your state on the news you OK?

Dirtmechanic likes this.
  9. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

Oh they are not very wide, about as wide as a trailer mostly. Sure so far so good but you know the odds....

Pacnorwest and Melody Mc. like this.
  10. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Netty, I'm finding smaller companies popping up here that are family owned and mostly offering heirloom seeds. I ordered some Malibar spinach from one on the East Coast a couple years ago. And have ordered two years in a row now from one in Alberta, and one on a Gulf Island. Is your new found company local to your area?

11. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

-2 and snowing big heavy flakes now. Murphy's law is that the weather changes when we have a town trip. The snow will hide the bob sled run that is the drive to town right now. I'm hoping the logging trucks have been running and chewed the ice up with their chains. It would be a teeth chattering drive, but atleast more stable if they have.

We have ice cleats and walking poles with sharp points for the curling rink we've had this last week. Normally this is our spring ice.

Many years ago Hubby bought me some overboots for ice. I only break them out when it is as it is now. They take a little patience to put on, but very much worth it. My hiking runners are inside of the neoprene over boot. There is velcro, zipper and a ratchet clasp. They are made for mountaineering but certainly have saved my bacon. Our normal cleats are sliding right now.

DSCN9798.JPG

12. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

You have some remarkable kit there, Mel.
    They ought to keep you upright.

Pacnorwest likes this.
  13. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast. It sure looks like rain/snow is in the near future.
    Its Thursday, so that means I'm heading out to do some errands and shopping. I sure am getting predictable!
    I ordered from a little place called "The Incredible Seed Co." and they are located in Bridgewater NS. Very reasonable prices and the seeds arrived quickly. I find the smaller companies are more generous with their seeds. As much as I love the gorgeous Baker Creek seed packages, there aren't usually many seeds inside. This company has plain packaging, but lots of seeds per packet. Plus, I like to support the little guy!

Pacnorwest, Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.
  14. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

I have really enjoyed ordering from them too. :) The little hand written thank you tugs my heart strings every time. Wildrose seeds in Alberta is also a nice one.

Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  15. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Friday already! We've got -2°C and ice. @Netty and I have similar conditions. Well done as we live half a world apart. I'm not going anywhere today if I can help it. We're supposed to get milder weather tomorrow so I'm hoping we'll thaw out before the weather turns colder again next week. We could do without this weather roller-coaster ride, but I shan't complain. At least we don't have to shovel snow or worry about flooding or stuff like that.

I'm hard at work on my genealogy probability list to correct birth years, what child belongs to which mother and stuff like that. I'm helping M-I-L to clear out a storage room later. I'm bringing the laptop so we can look at some photos afterwards.

Enjoy the Friday folks!

Melody Mc., Pacnorwest and Netty like this.