The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Good morning! Currently 8°C, wind and rain. Lots of rain. Anybody want some? At least the price of electricity is going down. Today will be laundry day, but I need to get out and see if I can get hold of some bedding for the stables. I'm hoping there will be some to shovel into big plastic bags at a timber cabin manufacturer not too far away from here. The shops are sold out for some weird reason.

The grandkids call me HorseGranny. I've had three of my own but several others to mind for a shorter or longer period of time. All different breeds, but the training methods were the same only adjusted to each horse's personality. I've managed to turn some cheeky, unpolite ponies into polite, attentive ponies. We always start on the ground to get to know eachother. What's gonna be different this round is I know next to nothing about Skuld. He's a 16 year-old brown Icelandic gelding in need of TLC, and shoes, and that's what I know so far. My old farrier has agreed to come fix the hooves, and the vets will come for check-up, vaccine, and dental treatment. After that the work begins. Thanks for encouraging words!

2. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Same here called grandma-horsey.. good to start on ground manners first. Well you have your work cut out ahead of you. Shoeing can be an issue if not trimmed regularly and properly. I Keep 3” rings screwed in on 2 Posts in the barn on each side of the horse to attach the horse leads. That way no one gets hurt. Usually dental can be tricky prefer to have them sedated. Who in the heck wants a metal reamer sawing down their teeth .. the sound alone freaks em out. Once you get him all clean up shots, wormed, teeth and feet repaired he may feel a lot better. Sometimes under a cranky neglected horse is an Angel in disguise.26 years is gettin up in age. Maybe ask about testing him for insulin resistance.. can make a tired cranky horse for sure.
    Hoping for a pic of the before and after the physical make over.

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast. Weatherman says we will be getting a "significant snow event" starting this afternoon.
    I was out window shopping yesterday while waiting for DD to get off of work and found another store with 49 cent seeds! So yes, I bought more :rolleyes:
    I was actually looking for birthday gifts for my grandson and granddaughter who have birthdays coming up in February. I'm sure my grandson would love some seeds haha
    Not much happening today. Rink later, weather permitting.
    Have a great day all :)

Pacnorwest, Sjoerd and Droopy like this.
  4. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

oh the snow is hitting regions in the US hard today. Power outages… I hope there are no more casualties. This winter has been brutal.

lucky you seed packs for that price I wonder how many seed are in them.

grandchildren grow up way too fast Birthdays are a blessing.

I just wondered if Halloween would be a good time to pass out seed packets instead of candy… well..could end up with a tee pee;d house. Never mind…

Netty and marlingardener like this.

Advertisement
  5. Droopy

Good Thursday morning! We've got 2°C, overcast, calm weather. We'd best make the most of it since we might get a storm with plenty of moisture tomorrow, and it will stay here the entire week-end.

The temp dropped from 11°C to 3°C in just three hours yesterday. We're hoping it will warm up again or else that storm might bring snow instead of rain. We're also hoping the storm will change direction and hit somewhere else along the coast, lol. I'm helping out a friend this morning, and probably also in the afternoon/early evening. Her body doesn't take kindly to rapid temp drops.

Wishing you all a happy Thursday!

Pacnorwest likes this.
  6. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -6°C and snowing. I fared out very well here, as there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of snow. The road was unplowed on my dog walk but it was walkable, and the driveway has snow but I'm sure I can get out without a problem. It sounds like other nearly areas got much more snow than I did (or Canadians are getting really soft and have forgotten how to live with snow! haha)
    Off shortly to do my errands and shopping.

Droopy and Pacnorwest like this.
  7. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Good morn Teeters… and Droopy.
    Your weather sounds way more chilly that here in the Pacific Northwest.. it’s 42’ sunny..sending Good vibes and many blessings your way.

8. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Even though this is the "Good Day All" thread, I must tell you what a delightful day yesterday was.
    The workman (showed up on time, was neat and tidy, did what he was asked, and didn't charge an arm and a leg) came and his wife was going to wait in his truck. It was chilly out, so we invited her in and she "didn't want to impose". She turned out to be a delight! Very interested in growing herbs, fascinated by the antique pottery in the kitchen, wanting to learn bread baking. She knew what Foccacia bread is! Definitely not of the "cornbread and black eyed peas crowd." We had a nice visit while the men worked, and I sent her home with some dried herbs and homemade breads. They are from Idaho and have been here in Texas for about six months.
    I may have a new friend . . . .

Netty, Droopy, Sjoerd and 1 other person like this.
  9. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Marlin.. ready your yesterday experience sound very productive and made a new friend .. gardeners talk fun to share something in common and you were a gracious off the cuff host.
    I think it was the bathroom remodel and is going ok?

10. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Pacnorwest, it was the bath remodel, and it is moving along better.
    I wasn't a gracious host, I was just so happy to find someone with like interests, and who knew what I was talking about!
    You are very complimentary!

Pacnorwest likes this.
  11. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

marlingardener it’s always an engaging conversation when gardeners find like minded others to chat ..I wish I was a fly on your wall.. I bet it was a fun experience considering the remodel mess… ouch..
    What is changing in your remodel? Hope you have before and after pics…

12. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Pacnorwest, no before/after pictures. The before pictures would offend the senses of most members here, and we don't have after pictures yet. I hope to have "after" pictures in my life time!

Pacnorwest likes this.
  13. Droopy

Good morning. +4°C, grey and windy. Rain will come later. I hope so late later that we're inside after a day of horsing around.

@marlingardener, what a lovely story! I do hope you have a new friend. She must be so happy she accepted your invitation. And leaving with homemade bread and herbs too!

Haven't had my breakfast yet. Best get the old bones rattling and get to it. Wishing you all a nice Friday!

14. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Mornin Droopy…

Droopy likes this.
  15. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast. It looks like we MAY see some sunshine today!
    Todays project is to inventory my home canned goods. I'm starting to plan this years garden and so I need to figure out what to grow more/less of. I already know we are down to the last few jars of strawberry jam, so I'll need to make more this summer. Carrots are almost gone too.
    Later on we are off to the rink.

Droopy likes this.