The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

@Netty - that's a lot of beans! hahahaha. Thank you for the info. I love Black Beans also, but I've actually only eaten a chickpea once in a curry. I should try them again.

Well after 11 hours of sitting in the truck over the last two days, we can hang our hats at home for a week. Thankfully. We had a good weather window for travel, and today it is snowing so we're glad to not be on the roads. The Kayaks are tucked away waiting until spring - I can barely restrain myself from going and looking at them. Seems surreal.

I'm giving myself some "me time" this morning reading about plants, and planning a possible seed starting calendar. Then my time turns to preparing our income tax, and reapplying for PAL cards. ( I'd rather stick a fork in my eye but the tasks need doing).

Hydro crews are doing danger tree removal from the power lines which everyone is grateful for. They will check all of the trees up to the pole beside the house. Branches will be trimmed, and danger trees that are encroaching on lines will be removed. It is a necessary job for preventing outages, and potential forest fires. None of us mind because there is a bigger picture at hand. With some luck I will have a stash of wood chips come spring. :)

Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.
  2. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Moving branches that free the power lines is a state wide issue here too. Good news to know the power lines will not be an issue for winter or summer fires.

Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.
  3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday afternoon all. Currently -4°C and snowing.
    I was up bright and early to get my shopping and errands done before the blizzard started. Got home just as it started snowing, and was happy to discover that my long lost seed package from Utah had arrived on my doorstep (after a week+ long vacation in LA) 33 days until spring!
    Ive got a chicken cooking in the oven for dinner and we have an hour of ice time tonight.
    Have a great day all :)

Melody Mc., Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.
  4. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -9°C and sunny.
    We got about 15cm of snow overnight. It finally feels like winter!
    Heading to a retirement party today, for a co-worker I've worked with for over 25 years. I'm really gonna miss him! With him gone I will have the highest seniority. Now to count down the years until I can retire haha

Sjoerd likes this.

Advertisement
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, if you do retire someday, your retirement plans would exhaust a teenager!
    Since it is overcast and very humid today (90%) I'm staying in and doing some cooking. The last of the frozen Roma tomatoes will be a sauce for the penne rigata tonight, and foccacia bread is thawing. I'm determined to make space in the freezer before the summer garden produce arrives!

Sjoerd likes this.
  6. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

Had a dusting of snow this morning. Currently 34°F 1°C. Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Wind chill values between 20 and 30. Windy, with a northwest wind 20 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 39 mph.

Sjoerd likes this.
  7. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

Currently 28°F -2°C light snow ending in a couple hours.

Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.
  8. Netty

Good Saturday afternoon all. Currently -8°C, with alternating periods of snow and sunshine.
    We are back from our 4 hours at the rink, and now I am cleaning house, watering houseplants and doing laundry. Not sure why I have so much laundry this week, but I got it started a day early. Next job is to sort thru my seed order and file everything away in my seed case. Not sure whats for dinner yet, guess I should go check the freezer.

Sjoerd likes this.
  9. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -11°C and overcast. There is a strong SW wind, that has a kinda warmish feeling, so I was surprised to see the thermometer at -11.
    We've been for our morning walk, and I had a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries and a coffee. I'm just about ready to start my day!
    Lots of dusting to do ... one of the cons of having a wood burning stove in the house. Ash dust everywhere!!

Sjoerd likes this.
  10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Netty, I always enjoy reading about how your day goes.
    You have a great one yourself !

Netty likes this.
  11. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -20°C and sunny. It was a COLD dog walk this morning, but now I'm enjoying a hot cup of coffee and a breakfast round.
    Today is the 'Family Day' holiday here in Ontario, so looks like my plan today is to enjoy spending time with my family! I'm an early riser, and the kids aren't, so I'll have to find something to amuse myself until they wake up. Hopefully we can do something outside for a while since the sun is shining so brightly.

Sjoerd likes this.
  12. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

Currently 30°F -1°C a tad bit warmer than @Netty . Sunny wind chill values between 25 and 30. Northwest wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.

Sjoerd likes this.
  13. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -10°C and sunny. I don't mind the cold so much if its nice and sunny and there's no wind.
    Called to make an appointment with the vet for Sargent this afternoon. He seems to have an ear infection in his right ear. He wont let us clean it, touch it, or even look in it, and even runs away when we pick up the bottle of ear cleaner. And his ear stinks. Between the vet tech, the vet and I hopefully we can get it all cleaned up and medicated. NOT going to be fun as he's 100lbs and very strong. Wish us luck!

Sjoerd likes this.
  14. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

Currently 19°F -7°C with a high near 37. Clear and sunny as I stare out the window at work.

Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  15. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

The west coast is in the middle of another atmospheric river storm… hope my garden float away…

Sjoerd likes this.