The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -1°C and sunny. The birds were singing on my walk this morning, a sure sign that spring isn't far away!
    A successful trip to the vet yesterday ... Sargent had his ears swabbed and also got 2 shots. Turns out he did have bacteria in his ear so now we get to wrestle him daily to apply drops. Fun stuff. But this morning I already see an improvement.
    Hubby is building an extra shelf in my greenhouse today. I asked him for a fold down shelf down the back side and he's getting right to it! I'm getting excited for spring :)
    Have a great day all :)

2. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

@Pacnorwest "atmospheric river" always gives a chuckle. Another new dramatic phrase used by the meteorologist

Pacnorwest likes this.
  3. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

Currently partly cloudy 25°F -4°C with a high 40°F.

4. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Today is a balmy 0 degrees with some heavy wet snow the last two days. A lot of snow removal is happening today, as well as last minute preparations before going to the city for a few days tomorrow. The long "to do" list is down to one page, and will be done on time tomorrow morning. Left today after the bread comes out of the oven, is to finish snow removal, clean off the porch, a last trip to the share shed and landfill, and finish packing. Then bring down enough fire wood and kindling from the woodshed for a few days once we are back home.

Even though I'm tired of snow, it won't last long at this time of the year. And there is so little compared to it usually being at the top of the fence posts. It still always strikes me as very pretty. The sky is so heavy that I can't see the surrounding mountains which is strange.

This was the creek yesterday. If you look at the pile of logs to the right of the photo - that is where the high water line is during a normal spring freshet year. The snow pack is only at 32% this year instead of the normal 120% - so we shall see how the creek does this summer. It's quite low.
    Frozen creek.jpg

The lower pasture beside the creek, which usually has mountains in the background.

lower pasture.jpg

Daniel W, Netty, Sjoerd and 2 others like this.

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Beautiful scenes, Mel. I am jealous.

Pacnorwest likes this.
  6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Mel, while your photos are truly beautiful, they also remind me why we are now in Texas!

Daniel W, Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently 0°C and sunny. When I stepped outside for my dog walk this morning I got an instant smile ... the sun was shining and all the birds were singing! Spring must be here! And yesterday I saw the first red winged blackbird! I also started cutting back last years asparagus foliage and it felt so good to be out in the garden again!
    Today I'm going to enjoy the day and head out and clean all the glass in my greenhouse. Hubby built the new bench, and today he will put the wire top on. I'll cut the second row of asparagus down and then move it all to the firepit. So nice to be outside again!
    Have a great day all :)

Pacnorwest, Sjoerd and marlingardener like this.
  8. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

Dreary, cold and rainy Friday everyone. Currently 39°F 4°C. Such depressing weather on the up side starting pepper seeds this weekend.

Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Way to go, Clay. Which ones were you going to grow?

Oo Netty, I can feel your happiness with being able to be outside. You were well ready, weren’t you.

Netty and Pacnorwest like this.
  10. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

We are expecting a heat wave …winter heat wave .. by 5PM we may hit 62 degrees….in Feb…I may even get out my shorts. Lookin foreword to the warm sunshine .. nothin like it…

Daniel W and Sjoerd like this.
  11. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

@Sjoerd I will do some bells and a quite of bit of varieties of hots from Jalepeno to Habanero. I make hot sauce for family and friends may start to sell some this year.

Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  12. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hey Clay— good idea. You must be proud of your products.
    I will be glad when I can grow them again.

Clay_22 and Pacnorwest like this.
  13. Willowisp0801

Willowisp0801 In Flower

The beginning of our second year in Texas my granddaughter saw snow for the first time; she was 3 at the time. The third year we had an ice storm! I told my son I just wanted to go back home to Washington, where it snows. Crazy weather. We had a week or so of, "false-false spring" and now it's snowing. 22 F real feel is 9. It's supposed to be back up to mid 60s by Tuesday then back down to the 20s on Wednesday. I'm just waiting for the false spring so I can actually look forward to the real spring!

Melody Mc., Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.
  14. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

@mel, what beautiful photos!

I bet the smell of bread baking is wonderful.

Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.
  15. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

At my house, the electrician came and installed the bathroom electrical fixtures. Here's how it looks so far.

IMG_5490.jpeg

The scale is a little distorted in this photo. It's not all askew like that. The walls need finishing, the baseboard and backsplash need grouting, and the walls and ceiling need a coat or two of paint.

The mirror frame is LED lighting. I don't know yet if it's bright enough. There is also the overhead light, which is also LED.

I'll post another photo when it's done. So far, I'm happy with most of the choices I made.