The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Today is a wet rainy overcast day. A good excuse to stay inside. There’s always much more to accomplish inside. Today my time will be a day to just rest . Will have to get out and clean up the plants in the greenhouse. They are looking a bit tattered. Well… tomorrow is another day.

Sjoerd and Oreti like this.
  2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 16°C and sunny. Went out for my dog walk wearing my toque and heavy coat like I did yesterday and all the days before, only to find out I was WAY overdressed! Opened up the greenhouse door, had a peek inside and then came inside for my morning coffee and some breakfast. Where my day goes from here I'm not sure yet as I have to go pick up skates from the sharpener at some point. Tomaotes were up potted successfully, and I discovered that many were so big and scraggly that they look horrible in their new pots. When will I learn not to plant them so early?!! Hoping their new home and some fertilizer will make them worthy again.
    I'd like to get the rest of the flower beds raked out today.
    Have a great day all :)

Oreti, Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.
  3. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Netty your tomato pots soon will turn around . It’s still early in the season time will help them grow into perfect specimens. You have a good day.

Netty, Oreti and Sjoerd like this.
  4. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

I decided to plant two weeks later this year. Now I feel like i'm behind! I bet yours will do fine.

That sounds like a great plan, Pac.

Today, the Spring Cleaning project / decluttering / fixing stuff was the living room. one more major room remaining, the dining room. It's the smallest and easiest of the rooms to clean.

Finished the Friday crossword. The Saturday is always impossible, so I skip it. Sunday is longer but moderate difficulty. I will try.

Sjoerd, Oreti and Pacnorwest like this.

Advertisement
  5. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Daniel crossword puzzles are always a fun challenge. Happy to hear you did finish a couple. Sometimes these puzzles can be annoying.

Sjoerd and Oreti like this.
  6. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Good morning everyone.

I quite like doing some crosswords but find the cryptic ones a bit to much ....never get to complete one of them. :(

We're going to enjoy a pretty decent day today, so it's indoor tasks first then the rest will be spent out in the garden.:):smt041:sete_056:.

Have a good day too.:like:

Daniel W, Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.
  7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Another wet day! We had nearly 5" of rain Sunday, but yesterday things dried out a bit. Now it's drizzling and damp. With all this wet weather I'm grumpy, husband is grumpy, the cat is grumpy, but the house is clean (nothing else to do but clean inside).
    I have a head of cauliflower to cut up, blanch and freeze, and I may make some cornbread dressing to go with tonight's ham.
    Hope you all get to do what you want to do, and aren't grumpy!

8. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Wet and soggy today. Glad I got what was needed to be done yesterday.

Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.
  9. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Good morning and a happy 1st of May to you all.

No real plans for today except to spent as much time as possible out in our garden ....it's lovely now out there but rain in suppose to drift in by mid afternoon....lets hope they have it wrong.:fingerscrossed:

Sjoerd, marlingardener and Pacnorwest like this.
  10. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Same story as yesterday - rainy windy , over cast heavy cloud cover…burr… wait till cloud cover clears a bit then run out and do some garden stuff…really can’t do much for at least another 3-4 weeks when weather is more hospitable.
    Here’s to the month of June and better days ahead. Cheers.

Sjoerd likes this.
  11. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Good morning, I hope everyone has woken up feeling well and raring to go.:D

I desperately want to continue prepping the borders in readiness for planting out in a couple of weeks time so it will be a case of working in light rain today at times I think. Oh well never mind.:stew1:

Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.
  12. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday afternoon all. Currently 17°C and sunny. It is the perfect day!
    It has rained a good part of the week, and everything is super wet. I made the mistake of going out to the veggie garden in my sneakers to close the greenhouse door. Now my good sneakers are soaked!
    Off to the rink!
    Have a great day all :)

Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  13. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Good morning everyone .

Hope you had a great time at the rink @Pacnorwest .:)

Unfortunately I didn't get to do much yesterday after all as my back is in grumbling mode at the moment. I have Osteoporosis in my lower spine so I have to take heed and rest up when it starts to moan. :D:like:
    Day off today anyway as we tend to go out into one of the nearby cities for lunch and today we will also call in to see my brother on the way back

Wishing you all a great Friday.:)

Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.
  14. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Oreti.. back at ya have a great Friday…

Oreti likes this.
  15. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Raining today, chucking it down.
    House cleaning. Also, to was the day that our apt. Owners got together to do clean-up chores in and around the building. The bride and I did the garage and the halls of the storage cells.

Last edited: May 3, 2024
    Melody Mc., Oreti and Pacnorwest like this.