The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Ta Oreti.

Oreti and Pacnorwest like this.
  2. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Good morning everyone I hope you're all keeping well .
    @Sjoerd I'm also hoping that you had an enjoyable, but restful, day with your cousin on Sunday . No doubt your Strawberries were warmly welcomed too. :D

Have a good day.

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thank you, Oreti. It was just for tea…but we wound up staying for supper and got home at 22.30. It was a great day. They had a new house and wanted to show us that. It was really nice, just my style.
    They did seem happy with the strawbs.

Last edited: May 31, 2024
  4. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Sounds like it was a perfect way to relax @Sjoerd :)

Willowisp0801, Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday afternoon all. Currently 16°C and mostly cloudy. It rained all day yesterday and half of today, and things are SO wet! I doubt we will be cutting the grass on the front of the property for a long time. I had a busy day at work, but did lots of low energy weeding and some indoor chores and then went to see my chiropractor after work for an alignment. I feel much more loose now. Heading out to water in the greenhouse, chase rabbits and then shower and time to relax.
    Have a great night all :)

Jewell, Willowisp0801, Sjoerd and 2 others like this.
  6. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Good morning ....gosh it's Wednesday already,how did that happen!!!:eek:

Weather looks good for today so I want to knuckle down and get the planting out finished....not sure if I will achieve this or not but that's my aim.:D:like:

Stay safe and have an enjoyable day.. :)

7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Friday hasn't started off well. The power went off at 3:30a.m. and just came on at 11:45. We had thunderstorms last night with lots of rain--just what we needed. At least the cat was inside and not out in the storm, and although we missed our morning coffee we managed to survive!
    We joked about husband going out to mow (in the mud) and my plans to make chicken stock (electric stove).
    Do hope your day started off well, and stays that way.

Jewell, Oreti, Willowisp0801 and 2 others like this.
  8. Oreti

Oreti In Flower

Good day everyone...whatever your time of day is.:)

How strange @marlingardener we had a power outage too today!! Ours went off at 8:20 am but fortunately we had our breakfast and early morning cuppa at 7am. We also had a day out planned so we weren't really inconvenienced. When we got home at just after 5pm our bedside clock was flashing and it's display showed that the power was restored 55 minutes earlier...no word/ info about why we were out for almost 9 hrs.

Jewell, Willowisp0801 and Pacnorwest like this.
  9. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Oreti and Marlin… dealing with no power if long periods or short is frustrating to say the least.
    Good to hear your power is on.

marlingardener Texas has had extreme storms and tornados this season . Over 400 tornados in tornado ally the last month. Watching the weather - Over the past month the path of these huge storms and tornados has wiped out many homes business’ and 22 lives lost. Sending blessings your way. Stay safe.

10. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

Glad you are coping with humor @marlingardener! What a situation.

Today I spoke with an electrician about getting an emergency generator. We selected a model but I need to transfer some investments to pay for that and the hook-up. With so many disasters, and the potential issues of power outage (heat/ac, freezer/fridge, etc) and medical issues, it's a safety issue for country life.

I think for morning coffee I would get out the gas grill and a kettle, and use a French Press. Or, come what may, walk the 20 miles to the nearest coffee shop!

11. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Daniel… great idea. We have back up to the main type of appliances and heat. A small new electrical box was installed and a generator. It’s an investment that helps make life easier when power issues come up.

12. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

What in the world is going on there!? You have had your share of crazy weather this season. Is there any chance you may have to evacuate? Mate, I hope that you will get some weather relief very soon. How are all the pets and animals coping? Please stay in touch.

13. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

Today was the end of the electrician job. Whew! So much work. I let it be deferred during the pandemic, and wasn't up to it that past two years. Now it's time to pay the piper.

We also now have a direct line for the satellite receiver, a ceiling fan / light switch that actually works - a tiny LED in the switch so it's easily found in the dark, kitchen appliance circuits are separated so turning on the microwave and induction hob don't trip the circuit, plus now the circuit breaker panel is a safe retrofit. Whew! again :confused::)

Today I made three batches of burritos - Egg/ hash brown/cheese, fried mushroom / brown rice / roasted onion & poblano pepper/ cheese, and chili pinto bean / brown rice / cheese. They are now wrapped and in the freezer for meals and snacks.

Tomorrow - a bit of garden puttering, and get some furniture ready to move. We already sold the currently unused treadmill and weight set, extra lawn mower, and a table. So far, so good.

14. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Daniel you are getting a lot of things on that long list of things done. It’s such a nice feeling of accomplishment once these things are complete. The electrical system is always a handy way to cope with power outages. Takes a whole bunch of stress out of the picture during those winter storms that cause a lot of discomfort with no power. Now you can rest assured that next winter will be a lot less stressful. :smt023

Are you selling things on neighborhood app? Nextdoor? Every summer the area here has a huge garage sale and anyone can put an add in the notice online. I have often thought about do that again. It’s a good feeling to know someone else will get good use out of something we don’t need .

Jewell, Oreti, Daniel W and 1 other person like this.
  15. Willowisp0801

Willowisp0801 In Flower

Our outage was on Tuesday. I came home to the clock on the stove blinking. But the rain was so bad everyone was driving slow. It wasn't raining when I left the school, but I was maybe a couple miles away and it just started pouring! I finally you home and was closing the garage door and it started hailing. My granddaughter was at a school camp (Natures Classroom). She said they were in the woods and had to make run for the cafeteria. She just got back today.

Jewell, Pacnorwest and Oreti like this.