The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

A Happy Wednesday to all. Another beautiful day here in So. ME. Current temp is 51F but for some reason it feels warmer. Enjoy your day all!

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday evening... or should I say "happier".
    I've had a rough 24 hours. Sassy Marie is having eye problems. She couldn't even open them about this time yesterday. Thankfully Hubby's sis was a Vet-Tech and gave me some good treatment advice. I stayed awake until midnight sitting with her. But finally had to lay down on the couch. Not much sleep. She was better this morning and had them opened. So I set her up in the laundry room and went (very early) to work for a few hours. When I got home, she was doing much better. Even got her to eat some. I'll have to get her inside soon and repeat the whole process. Hopefully she'll be feeling even better tomorrow. :'(

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 4°C and overcast with rain in the forecast today. I spent the whole day in one garden yesterday ... pruning, weeding, topdressing, mulching...it will be nice to move on today! Have a great day all :)

4. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. It feels muggy out today.... unlike the last couple of days when the temps were in the 50s first thing. Oh well... guess I'd better get used to the fact that summer is on the way.
    Sassy is feeling a little better this morning... but I'll still be going home early.

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. It's already 72 degrees out, so much for brisk spring mornings....early summer is here, 92 yesterday and a repeat today and tomorrow. And no rain in the foreseeable future. Gardening for me has become a couple of hours in early morning now instead of all day.
    Only 5 months until fall. :rolleyes:

6. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good day everyone, the day passed by quickly as I watched the shattered tree limbs from the October snow storm burn. The artificial warmth took the seasonal chill out of the air. There may be a freeze tonight.

Jerry

7. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 0°C, very windy and overcast. TGIF! I want to finish dividing my perennials this weekend but the weather isn't looking too great. First I have to get through my Friday! Have a great day all :)

8. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

Good Friday morning all. Current temp 48F, but it feels warmer. It was raining when I took the dog out a while ago as we were getting DD#2 on the bus for school, but now the sun in out. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

9. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 3°C and sunny. Yesterday I noticed that the Kildeer were gone so I began work in the veggie garden. I had top-dressed with manure last fall so I turned that in and mapped out where everything would go. Today I will plant the peas, spinach, and radish. The peas have been soaking in water overnight. Oh yes, it is also Hubby's birthday today so yesterday I baked him a cheesecake. Today I will do the cherry topping :)
    Have a great day all!

10. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. It's a little overcast but not much chance of rain. I'll be getting out the water hoses and giving everything a nice slow soaking.
    Highs expected to reach 90F but with a little breeze, it's not too bad.
    Sassy Marie seems to be feeling a little better each day. That makes me happier than seeing a new flower in bloom!

11. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast. Looks like we might get some much needed rain tonight. I can't believe that April is gone already! Have a great day all :)

12. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. We have a slight chance of rain over the next couple of days. Sure could use it too! I gave everything a good soaking over the weekend... except the fruit trees. They'll get their's this weekend if it doesn't rain.
    Highs today in the mid to upper 80s.

13. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. When the temp is 75 at 7:30 a.m. you know the day is going to be another very warm one. Slight chance of rain at some point this week but no one is ever really sure when and if it will happen this year because of the heat cap that is over us.

14. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

Happy Monday all, it's a beautiful day in So. ME today. Current temp is 46F. It's only supposed to be in the low 60's today. Toni, you can send a little of that warmth this way please. Netty, I'm with you...I can't believe tomorrow is May. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

15. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

Dug the canna that overwintered that shouldn't have, out of the new asparagus bed. 19 of 20 crowns have sprouted, and I see a bit of green on the 20th one. Tomato's, peppers, cabbage, and kohlrabi are ready to set out. I need more hours in my days. I should be able to get them all out this week.

tschnath, I spent a year in Bath/Topsham back in '80/81. Helped some friends start a 10 acre hobby farm/homestead near Ft. Popham.