The Good Evening All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Polly, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Another day at work - kind of quiet. After work I had a wonderful visit with a little girl who is a week old today. She is the one who's mom we painted the rocking chair for. She is a beautiful baby but then aren't they all - she seemed so tiny but so perfect in every way. We don't have children but I do enjoy others children.

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Evening all, I have spent all day trying to come down with something. It feels like the "crud" been taking Vitamin C, Mucinex and water. I started feeling pretty good around 3 then by 5 it was back.

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good evening all. Do you know the saying
    "Some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue"? Well I definitely had a statue day today. I wouldn't go into why but let's just say I will be forgetting this day in a hurry. Here's to tomorrow and brighter days!

4. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you Frank. Sleep well all my friends have a great tomorrow.

Advertisement
  5. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

It was indeed one of those 'some days peanuts, some days shucks' kinda days. And to top it all off, we lost power between 5p and about 6:30p. Gotta reset clocks, etc. And doncha know I bought all kinds of frozen stuff at the market today. All is well now tho. Let's do hope tomorrow is better. For all of us.

6. treker0518

treker0518 New Seed

Good evening. It has been cloudy and rainy many days here in western New York. It would be nice to see the sun shine and feel the warmth on our faces. Tomorrow there is a chance. Rest well all.

7. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Good evening all. I had to stay over at work, so we are just finishing supper. Still have to wash before bed. It never ends.

Toni, sounds like you have what I have. It gets much worse at night.

8. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Goodness, hope the cruds clear up for you gals! And hugs to you, Frank. Oh man, you all don't know how good it feels to vacuum a carpet after 2 days with no power- Sorry Jan, no sympathy from these quarters! First thing I did when it came back on was scrub the loo. Flushing with a bucket only does so much! Doesn't sound like the storm that is supposed to hit tonight will be much lighter, sigh. Trying to get all the dishes clean before then. My sweetie just got home from another 12-hour day, don't know how much longer that nonsense will go on. But he has next week off, so we have that to look forward to.

9. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good evening (It is to me still evening)I had a tough day at work.
    Frist day back after 3 off is never easy.Sorry your day was so bad hope tomorrow is better.Get well soon toni.

10. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Saturday - a morning to sleep in until the phone woke me. I had to run into town for a ballon to finish decorating for tonights baby shower at the church. I ended up buying another gift as well - it is so much fun buying little pink things. The shower went well - Mommy and baby both went home happy. Now it is time for me to rest.

11. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Hi all, Saturday is almost over. We ran all over to thrift stores. Seems like they're a bit expensive. But I did get lots of cheap books to sell, like a van full.

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I slept in a bit too probably shouldn't have but the warm bed (we have a waterbed) in a cold room was just too good to leave.
    I finished knitting the Harry Potter scarf for our niece for Christmas and decided to try knitting socks.

13. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Baby showers are so much more fun when the baby is actually there!
    I had a wonderfully self-indulgent sleep-in, as DH got up early to take our son to work, & let me snore away. Even managed to get in some yard work, supervised of course by the bunnies.
    Should be a quiet week, Ihope Ihope. Just have a doc appt. and nothing else written down. Though Thanksgiving is the day when I miss my childhood the most, especially since my mom sold the house I grew up in. O well, make my own family traditions.

14. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Quiet Monday at work today. A few snow flurries but nothing that stayed. Quiz practice at church with the youth - the first quiz meet is in two weeks so it's time to crack down on them. A quiet evening in front of the fireplace after quiz practice.

15. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Spent a chilly Monday here at the keyboard. On deadline again. I hear we are going to have our first freeze tonight. I did finally turn on a space heater today....and will probably have it on tonight too. I didn't like being cold last night.