The perfect room

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by windowb, Oct 13, 2006.

1. windowb

windowb New Seed

There is not a lot of activity in this section so I hope to increase that by asking everyone what there perfect room is. I have a big decorating project coming up so I was hoping to get some input. When answering this question maybe think about the colors, or window treatments, what fabrics would you use, what items would you put in the room. If you could, maybe attach a image. I'm not looking for anything specific, I just want to know what others think. It could be any room and any style.
    I hope to hear from a few of you.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sleek, modern, easy to clean and yet functional. The only difference I would make to either room would be to have some flower or wildlife photographs on the walls and the odd splash of colour here and there. Probably blue - paperweights, small vases etc.

4. muddybob

muddybob In Flower

Wow Eileen,
    I love those offices too. But who would of thunk that a gal living in a centuries
    old home would yearn for that? I think we are attracted to what is often very different to what we currently have or very similar. Not so much in between.

muddy

5. Desert Rat

Desert Rat The Dusty Blogger

My ideal room would be in the basement. It would feature a gray concrete floor. The walls would be concrete reinforced block. The door would be steel with a combination lock. Inside I would have a huge reloading bench with steel storage lockers for powder and primer storage. There would be a firearm storage safe that would hold at least 20 long guns and an equal amount of hand guns. The loading bench would hold several presses by RCBS, set up for various calibers. There would also be a large safe for ammunition storage. On the wall would be a framed picture of my personal hero, Jeff Cooper. This room would be climate-controlled for temperature and humidity. dr

Advertisement
  6. eileen

Good grief DR - what would you want all those guns and ammo for? :eek:

7. Desert Rat

Because I can. Remember an armed man is a citizen-an unarmed man is a subject. dr

8. windowb

windowb New Seed

I think I'll have to pass on the climate controlled bomb shelter for my project, but we can all dream.

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hey DR, Randy says he agrees with you but with two changes. Room for more guns and Dillon presses.

10. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I have a lot of guns.:) Never know when Grandmas gonna get her guns. I admit I have 1 gun that my hubby bought for me a 32 simi Automatic .The rest were his guns.He collected .The most interesting was his dads gun a 45 that shoots a 44 Webley cartridge.Hex barrel.

11. Desert Rat

Toni, I agree with Randy if cost were no object. Might as well go for the best. Glendann, I like the old unusual guns the best. My favorites are muzzle loaders, especially flintlocks. Much fun for target shooting. I no longer hunt as I find no fun in it.

12. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

My current living room would be the starting point of my perfect room. A large fireplace on one wall (gas so I don't have to carry wood), surrounded by antique rocking chairs, a grandfather clock chiming the hours, oak woodwork, a large window to see the front gardens. Now the the things that don't exist - I would like the room a lot larger, I would love an oak hardwood floor with a large area rug in front of the fireplace. The walls would be a neutral color decorated with floral prints. A few oak antique pieces of furniture with antique lines displayed on them. You may have guessed by now that we like oak and antiques. Oh one last thing there is already an old muzzle loader hanging over the fireplace.

13. bethie

bethie Young Pine

Sadly my perfect room would be concrete with a drain in the floor and a big stainless steel table with a ramp. Then my Sheppies wouldn't be so backbreaking to bathe. OH, and lots of guns. America's a violent place. :-|

14. windowb

windowb New Seed

So if I am hearing everyone right, no room is complete without a gun?

15. eileen

Not here in Scotland!! :-D Guns don't come into my equation of the perfect room at all - wouldn't go with those sleek, modern lines I hanker after!! :p

16. muddybob

muddybob In Flower

I keep a gun just in case I have to euthanize a sheep. It is locked up and hasn't been touched in ages. I used to keep a concealed weapons permit and had one on me at all times. Not any more. My friend's nineteen year old son accidentally shot himself in the leg while holstering after target practice. He bled to death.
    For a deterrant I find a whole pack of dogs ought to work. It has worked well with the missionary types.
    My room does not require guns. I do like the idea of a drain in the middle and housekeeping with a hose. But I think that would be just a garage.
    In my perfect room I'd have wood floors because I hate hoovering. It must be brightly lit and energy efficient. The walls would be hung with beautiful artwork in good frames. Simple comfortable furniture with straight lines and great easy to keep clean fabric. I need large bookcases and a great reading lamp.

muddy