Thieving so-n - so's

Discussion in 'Gardening Other' started by MIKE ALLEN, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

:smt005:smt044:smt005
    Oh my gosh, that's hilarious! Don't mess with Texans!

marlingardener likes this.
  2. MIKE ALLEN

MIKE ALLEN Seedling

I did start to report this incident online then had second thoughts, after leaving my ID. Perhaps the local boys in blue will recognise me. I did have cause to report my downstairs neighbour a few years ago. Police reaction was good, and the local council who own the properties involved themselves.

I will have to be careful how I word this. Suspect is a close friend of my next door neighbour. Both enjoy a bit of binge drinking. Suspect is/was a druggie, plus a brief stay at one of HM's hotels for some kind of racist act against a foreign family. My dilemma is. Suspect has a few kiddies, who are often left alone in the flat. Visits by the father are usually evident by another pregnancy. My main concern now is directed toward the kids. Suspect, already with a record, could be given a custodial sentence if found guilty. Kids would end up in care. Good or bad?????????.

For the sake of the theft of a £27 wheelbarrow!!!!!!!!!.

Being an ex police officer. I am prepared to play my hand. If my suspicians are correct, I will tempt the mouse to the cheesed trap.

Love & best wishes to all for the season. Mike.

Daniel W and Droopy like this.
  3. Tetters

Tetters Young Pine

What a dilemma Mike! With kids in this kind of situation (and I reckon there are very many of them) and pigs murdering their children willy nilly so it seems, these days, you feel damned if you do and damned if you don't.
    Maybe watch and wait is the answer for now. With your experience of the neighbourhood and the job I'd like to bet you will come up with the right solution.

Very best wishes to you also for the season, and roll on SPRING ..........[​IMG] :smt114

Daniel W and MIKE ALLEN like this.
  4. MIKE ALLEN

MIKE ALLEN Seedling

Stranger than fiction. Yesterday 28th. I'd intended to check on the greenhouse but due to lots of rain, and my daughter and granddaughter visiting to wish me a happy birthday,I never ventured out.

So today I ventured out. A large refuse sack containing new 5" pots had to be moved. Setting these against the fence and then turning around. I don't believe it! Close to the other six foot high fence was my wheelbarrow, half filled with rainwater. It is obvious that the barrow had been lifted over the fence. Everything points to the next door neighbour being involved. I have the habit of thinking out loud at times. This time it worked.

Sjoerd, Droopy and Daniel W like this.

Advertisement
  5. harrylee

harrylee Seedling

Strange turn of events Mike. I wonder if the culprit caught wind of your suspicions and had a change of heart.

MIKE ALLEN likes this.
  6. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

You showed sensitivity and kindness. :setc_014:

Growingpains and MIKE ALLEN like this.
  7. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

Mike, have you considered a strand of barbed wire across the top?
    Plus hang a few bells on the wire. That is after reporting the thugs.

Last I heard the Aussies are no longer allowed to own guns, sadly.