Things have definately been shaking here!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by 2ofus, Sep 7, 2017.

1. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Well I spoke too soon! We've had 10 in the past 24 hours, the strongest being a 4 magnitude and the rest 2+ and 3+ magnitude. :( While cleaning today I discovered a crack in the sheetrock about 30 inches long that runs from the corner over to the edge of one of the windows in the living room. Friends, I have to say that this is starting to get me down. I just don't know how much more my nerves can take. :sulk:

Philip Nulty likes this.
  2. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Oh no,..i was hoping you would have a long long break from any more,..but to get 10 in 24 hours,..nerve racking for sure,..i am hoping the crack you see in the sheetrock is not a deep one and only surface,..keeping fingers crossed here for you,..how are your neighbors taking all this?.

3. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Have an app on my iPad where I check earthquake activity. (If you are interested it is called MyRadar and has weather also). 2forus your region is getting quite a bit of activity for sure. I had never heard of earthquake swarms before. 204 little shakers is nothing to sneeze at. Just remember it is better for the earth to release that pressure in little bubbles rather than big jolts...not that that is much comfort. Hang in there!

http://idahostatejournal.com/news/l...cle_a16f6e7a-0cfe-575e-bd53-84810f1f8178.html

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2017/09/southeast-idaho-residents-endure-ground-zero-earthquake-swarm/

Philip Nulty likes this.
  4. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I'm not really worried about the crack...as long as it doesn't get bigger or more appear. As far as the quakes go, no one seems to worry about them here in town as they have had them before. The only precautions, house wise, I have taken is packing everything that was in the china cabinet and screwing the cabinet to the wall so it can't topple over, and screwed the large heavy picture over our bed to the wall. I have all my meds in a bag so they can be quickly grabbed and at night I make sure I have a heavy robe and warm slip-on shoes by the bed.
    Thank you, Jewell, I'll check out MyRadar.

Philip Nulty likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Jewell those two links were very interesting,..i never realized there were so many quakes in the US,..i did expect that sometime in the future something big would happen in Yellowstone seeing there are so many faults there and boiling water on the surface.

2ofus,..i like that you are well prepared with everything at hand,..its surprising when something does happen be it big or small an event,..to find so many were not prepared,..well done you :like: