This winter has been one for the books.

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by hydrogardener, Mar 9, 2011.

1. hydrogardener

hydrogardener Seedling

A week ago the weatherman on the local TV station said that to date we are more than two feet above normal in snow fall. Our normal winter snowfall is more than six feet, and still it continues! A storm yesterday and another due tomorrow. My tomato and pepper seeds have been started, but Lord knows when I will be planting this year. I think the groundhog was wrong about an early spring. Ava, our grandchild, is loving every minute of winter, and is busy making weapons of mass destruction.

[​IMG]
    WMD ( photo / image / picture from hydrogardener's Garden )

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Ava has the right idea, make the best of whatever the weather gives you....in this case load up on ammo. ;)

Because of the warm air coming up to us from Mexico, all those storms waited until they were well east of us to build and wreak havock on anyone

4. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Happy children always brighten the day even if they do have a snowball in their hand. Indeed, we have had a lot more snow than normal, making spring fever that much harder. The ground hog is a candidate for a stew. Not a popular creature, he should stay in his hole till July. When good weather gets here people will descend on garden centers, flowers will be a happy treat from the ravages of winter.

One more foot of snow to melt,

Jerry