Three pairs of Cardinal's

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by fatbaldguy, Jan 25, 2014.

1. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

at least 4 Tufted Titmice, Flickers, downy and hairy woodpeckers, Song Sparrows, and of course English house sparrows and starlings. I watched all of these at the feeders as I took my lunch today. Howling winds, snow showers/flurries, blowing snow. The birds know the cold is coming!

12-15 below 0 degree's F Tuesday morning. I don't know if I have enough coverall's, bibs, vests, coats, gloves, wool socks, and other assorted woolies to stay warm when it's that cold.

Gotta take the bad with the good.

Droopy likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

FBG, stay warm, and stay inside! Our cold weather is nothing compared to yours.
    We have noticed more birds and different species at our feeders the last three weeks. We have more cardinals than you could shake a stick at, house finches, red wing blackbirds, chickadees, and the list goes on. We also had 14 ducks on our pond this morning. We keep feeding, and they keep eating.

4. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

Miss Jane, I'd love (lurv for our British friends) to stay inside. Alas and alack, that isn't what I signed up for. Endurance, resolve, and mind over matter. This too, shall pass. I'll be planting peas 7 weeks!

5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Stay warm and safe FBG! Tuck a hot baked potato into your pockets to help you stay warm OR go buy those hand warmers that stay warm for 7 hours or so. They are well worth the 1.00 or whatever they cost for the day. ( I picked some up at drugmart for 8.00 for a 10 pack last week). You can get them for your feet, too. They have adhesive on them that make them stay in place after you put your shoes on.

Advertisement
  6. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Fun to see what people are wearing to stay warm. Got dozen more suet cakes. Keep saying high Monday to drop even more -10.

7. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Warm clothing is a must, and that's that. :D Enjoy the birds, it sounds very lively.