Time to start some seeds!

Discussion in 'Seed Starting / Propagation' started by 2ofus, Feb 13, 2015.

1. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I'll start broccoli- 2 dozen , tomatoes- 9 , cup and saucer flowers- 12, a few perennial penstemmon. I need to order some of the old fashion pale lavender petunias that re-seed and start some of them. Oh, and some zinnias. I only have a small 4 foot long, 4 light setup to start seeds but once they are started I can move them into the greenhouse and put a heater in it to get them to planting out size. Anyone else starting seed?

2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I started tomatoes and sweet peppers in mid-January, and then again in early February. I don't have enough space under lights for all my seedlings, so I do them in batches. The herb seedlings are slower, so I still have winter savory and the second planting of Mexican tarragon under the dome. When they move out, I'm not sure where I'm going to put everything!

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I wish I could, but it's just too early here. I may start my Elephant Ears in a few weeks time.

5. Clay_22

Clay_22 In Flower

Already have peppers and eggplant started. Tomatoes sometime this week.

6. bloomers

bloomers New Seed

The usual tomatoes, peppers,garlic chives,onions,leeks.strawberry roots etc are started,and also some Canna and Dahlia bulbs.The weather is just starting to break here in Ontario Canada but in about a month the GH will be put into use.Its been a long cold Winter!