**tiny blue flowers edged in white very tall plant

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by StillPinkie, Sep 28, 2009.

1. StillPinkie

StillPinkie New Seed

I hated this plant when it came in a combo planter. It was thin and hung down over the planter but never bloomed. I thought the lil brown star like things that where coming off the plat weere the flowers and I thought it was ugly. BUT! mom conviced me to let it stay in its own pot when I replanted the planter.

Its been getting taller and taller. Its about 4 ft tall and also hangs down over the edges of its pot.

Today I decided to get it ID once and for all before I got rid of it. I moving it away from the other pots when I found its floweers!!! So pretty too.

its the only flowers on it with no other buds.

Tiny blue, very blue flowers that are outlined in white with white at center.
    [​IMG]

Whole plant(save the very top)
    [​IMG]

its putting out seeds so I guess I missed it flowering at some point. And you can bearly make out the star like thingies in the lower right corner of that bottom pic. Its where the seed pods are.

Watzit?

Thanks!

:stew2: Pinkie :stew1:

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

4. StillPinkie

StillPinkie New Seed

Thanks for the ID. My first thought I had when reading about this was "WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND STICKS A 18FT BUSH INTO A PLANTER COMBO WITHOUT WARNING SOMEONE!!??" Now I gotta find a place for a 18ft bush.