Tomato problems

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by FLgarden, Sep 13, 2022.

1. FLgarden

FLgarden New Seed

45B5AA91-222B-4381-A9B4-47AA69B056B5.jpeg A0EF11E0-D633-46BC-8FCF-89EBE64DDBFD.jpeg

Gardening is tough!!
    I started some Campari tomato plants from seeds, in pots, on my patio to try to avoid pests and diseases in the garden. I’m starting to think that the high humidity and daily rains make it near impossible to grow healthy looking tomato plants in Florida!
    I’m thinking this is some kind of fungal/viral disease? I have a few tomatoes starting to turn red and they look healthy on this plant, but now I just noticed that some clusters of flowers are turning yellow then brown and just falling off all together!
    Any tips are very much appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Loading...

3. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

It could be Septoria leaf spot which is fungal, it affects the leaves but not the fruit. It's when the leaves get wet and they don't dry quickly. I'd take the leaves off that's affected. The blossom probably fell off because lack of fertilization.

4. mart

mart Strong Ash

My guess is that you do not have them in full sun where they can dry quickly ?Growing from seed is a problem in its self ! You are starting with a losing hand !

Logan likes this.
  5. Odif

Odif Young Pine

This doesn’t look like septoria. The leaves look blackened. This could be blight.

To pollinate the tomato flowers, one just has to touch the fully opened flowers in their middle with your fingers. A toothbrush or paintbrush will do, but I always just use my fingers.

I have problems growing tomatoes here, try to find the right varieties that grow well where you live.

A simple roof over your tomatoes to prevent rain falling on the leaves, may do wonders for your Tomatoes.

Logan likes this.

Advertisement
  6. FLgarden

FLgarden New Seed

Yes, they are in full sun all day, in a screened in lanai. It might be because of the high humidity here and rain just about every day these last few weeks

Logan and Odif like this.
  7. Anna Embry

Anna Embry New Seed

The same happened with mine.:(