Tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by marlingardener, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Or,..inject a Laxative or something similar into the Tomato,..making sure you mark which one you Doctored ;)

2. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Philip, you have a conniving streak!

Philip Nulty and Growingpains like this.
  3. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

No Cayuga, just two legged critters, I assume. The missing fruit was growing rather high on the vine and the plant would have shown some demolition. One rather lovely tomato was left on the ground minus tooth marks. That patch has only 8 plants, so not worth setting up a light, a bell, etc. I'll just mark it off as donation to the less fortunate .

Philip Nulty likes this.
  4. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

LOL Philip, you gave me a great chuckle. Poor thief, I can just imagine.

Philip Nulty likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Cayuga Morning

Good for you GP.

Philip Nulty and Growingpains like this.
  6. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

Cayuga, we worked on the creek-bank for about at least 25 years, sifting out rocks, improving the soil, fighting critters, finally turning much of it into veggies for our use and flowers for the entire trailer park to enjoy. We use the veggies for our food, freezing some, and sharing the excess. Lately, a new neighbor's son asked if it is a Community garden. I pointed out to him the years and amount of work and that he might prepare the creek bank behind his mother's home as a garden for them. Since then, the young man has died . The parents have behaved differently toward me, leading me to wonder.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  7. Cayuga Morning

GP...wonder if they resent you? Not sharing your garden with their now deceased son? It is possible, people react to grief in all kinds of ways. Or maybe they are just grieving & not very open to anyone right now.

I appreciate that it doesn't feel so good that someone is taking your vegies. I still like your 1st idea.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  8. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Cayuga Morning and Growingpains,

I have to admit i am conniving :rolleyes: :) and it has given me great pleasure over the past 7 Decades,..in particular when something happened and nobody even looked in my direction.

When in the Forces i was Duty Sgt and detailed a Trooper to fill the Billet Fuel Bin,..when i checked later i found it wasn't full,..short by about two sacks of Turf,..he claimed he had filled the bin and i believed him,..next day the same thing happened,..sooooooo being conniving lol,.. the next day i hollowed out a hole in a few sods of turf,..inserted Blank Ammunition and covered the hole with a small piece of turf,..sure enough the the turf bin had quite a lot of turf missing when we all had our canteen break,..i waited,..there quite a bang,..the Corporal who had a room between the billets was the one stealing the turf,..he ran from his room which was full of smoke,..his face and uniform were black with ash and soot,..due to the blank ammunition exploding in a confined space,..which was a pot bellied stove,..the stove and chimney had come apart,..:sete_019:i still remember trying to keep a straight face,..managed it and it made my day,..no more turf went missing,..he probably found the spent cartridges :sete_056:

Growingpains and Cayuga Morning like this.
  9. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

Good one, Philip. Got me laughing.

10. Petronius

Petronius Young Pine

My maternal grandfather has grown the orange (acid free) tomatoes.

Growingpains likes this.
  11. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

Some people prefer low acid tomatoes. I love the high acid tomatoes.

Catdaddy6676 likes this.