tree with clusters of hanging green flowers...exotic for me

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by calinromania, Jun 29, 2008.

1. calinromania

calinromania Young Pine

hello again,

here is a tree i found in one of the parks around. it looks very appealing to me.

i found two trees in the same park... but i am pretty sure they don't belong here... i mean i haven't seen them around anywhere.

they are kinda huge and one of them got some suckers - is this what you call the little ones springing up from the roots???

anyway... if you recognize it... i'd like to know what it is... and maybe take one and have it.

thanks...

calin[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

2. Loading...

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I think those green clusters are seed. The tree is done blooming. I wonder if this could be a Black Locust tree, Robinia pseudoacacia. Some Stewbies have postet photos of it on here.

4. calinromania

calinromania Young Pine

hello again droopy,

yes, i thought it can't be flowers... but then it means i missed their blooming and i walk through that park nearly everyday... LOL

doesn't seem to be the tree you are guessing. the leaves on my tree are much bigger, harder, and darker than in the pics i got when i googled your guess-tree.

and these clusters are like really long, some 30-40 cms. if they are seeds, then i am quite sure they won't be pods with seeds inside but rather the thin seeds that when dry, get dispersed by air.

what was funny, there were no little seedlings around the tree, only the suckers from the roots and they were stubborn and would not come out...

but i managed to get little one, and put it in water... so far it doesn't show signs of dying :D

THANKS Droopy