Tub to Shower renovation

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by lynzee, Oct 24, 2006.

1. lynzee

lynzee New Seed

If anyone has any experience with a company called "BathFitters" or is aware of a similar type company that can basically either cover your present tub with a whole one piece unseamed wall/tub fixture *or* can remove your tub entirely and install either a standard sized shower stall or a shower system that is just as wide/long as your original tub (the better option in my case I would think). The larger shower I have heard can have a molded seat and grab bars making it ideal for me. I'm presently disabled, can still navigate the tub but if I am going to do a major job like this, I want to plan for the future. Mostly I would like to know if indeed these systems are without seams (so says the fliers in my postal box), if they are of decent quality and if this type set up is affordable for someone on a fixed income. I'm also open to any and all ideas for a simple way to repair/replace a wall with anything other than tile.
    TIA

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sorry I can't help on this one Lynzee. :( I have a great guy that lives just along the road from me who could have done the job but it's a tad far for him to travel. :rolleyes: I'm sure someone else will be along in a while to give you some help.

4. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

I'm not familiar with such a company, but in my former home we did have a one-piece molded shower unit with a molded-in seat and grab bars, quite large for a shower too. So I know they are out there. Best of luck with this, my daughter is disabled and tub transfers are always a bit nerve-wracking!

5. windowb

windowb New Seed

Awhile ago I worked with someone that did a similar thing. I can't recall the name, but I will do some looking to see if I can find it. Maybe try a Google search.