Unusual weather!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Capt Kirk, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Normally in mid-August we are well into the 90's with high humidity. The past 10 days we have had temps. 10 to 15 degrees below normal. Humidity has been below 50% too. Th mornings are chilly in the mid 50's or lower. I am not complaining because I haven't had to run the air conditioner. But we are really dry. If we don't get some rain this next week, I will be out of saved rainwater.

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Capt. I have your hot weather and will gladly send it back as soon as I can find a box big enough. We have had 31 days of 100+ since the first of June. Not unusual to have those temps but that is twice as many as average.
    Last nights rain was the first of any amount that we have had since May so I am not sending any of that your way ;)

4. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

Capt it sounds like your right here in the Arctic. Thats our weather, your morning highs. Its been like that for a long time now..chilly but dry. We finally got some rain tho,,,hope you get some soon..both of you!

Geez a month of over 100,,,bless your heart!

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I think your rain's in southern Norway. They've got flooding. As for the temps, I think some of them were here while we were away. Temps up to 32 deg C/90 deg F aren't exactly normal for us.

Advertisement
  6. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I glad ya'll have cool weather Capt.Droopy,and Biita.I am so tired of hot hot hot hot.Toni I'm glad you finally got some rain we got some last week and then Monday.It was like steam heat.Capt I hope you get rain soon.

7. jillh

jillh New Seed

The Toronto area will gladly share it's rain!

We have been pelted with 4 hail storms and non stop rain. The worst hit this afternoon and dumped gravel size pellets at high speed on our area. It shredded leaves on trees and completely flattened my vegetable garden leaves. Tomatoes are mostly okay, brussells leaves are torn up, zucchini leaves are a mess. I'll post photos later on my blog.
    We've had rain every day except maybe 8 or 9 in the last 2 months. Unbelievable!

8. petunia

petunia Young Pine

We've had cooler temps here also. We did get a little rain, nothing hard, just a nice down pour for a few minutes. If our nite temps don't go up just a little more, I don't know if my toms wil hang on with these low temps.

9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I think your rain is stuck here in southern Ontario Capt. We have had the wettest summer in over 70 years. I'll glady send it back to you.