Vaccine arrives in Pakistan!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by S-H, Feb 3, 2021.

1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

After the successful conclusion of the Chinese vaccine trials carried out late last year in Pakistan. The decision to use it ASAP was officially taken recently.

So 3 days ago a Pakistan Air Force plane took off from PAF Nur Khan base in Rawalpindi, and headed for China.

[​IMG]

https://www.brecorder.com/news/amp/40058195

2 days ago that same aircraft now took off from China, and headed straight back home - Carrying half a million shots of the vaccine onboard.

[​IMG]

https://www.dawn.com/news/amp/1604674

This vaccine will be used for our frontline health workers, who face the highest risk... However it is not enough, as it takes 2 shots for each person for it to work. So this will cover only a quarter million health workers.

Therefore we still need just as much more... After which military will get their inoculations, and then (probably at the same time) civilians everywhere will get it too.

[​IMG]

https://www.dawn.com/news/1604854

China has not asked for a single dime for this. They gave it to us completely free of cost. Such is the friendship which exists between our 2 civilizations, (since BC times).

Next batch of the vaccine is hurriedly being made in China. Which too will arrive here soon, (also free of cost).

Meanwhile, our government is in the final stages of negotiations with Russia, for the Russian vaccine. As well as with UK, for the Oxford vaccine.

And labs are also being set up here, in which the Chinese vaccine will get mass-produced, licensed from China, (to save time), under Chinese supervision.

Below is an older video, which shows how China responded at the very start of the pandemic. When the Chinese themselves didn't have any vaccine - Yet they still came for our support...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  2. Loading...

3. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

First doctor gets vaccinated in our vaccine drive which has just started all across the entire country! See picture below. I can't help but enjoy this sight of this doctor feeling some pain also - Now that's what I call "getting a taste of your own medicine" mister doctor!!!

So satisfying to watch I swear. :snicker: :rofl::smt044

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://www.dawn.com/news/1605252/vaccination-drives-kick-off-simultaneously-across-country

Again, this wouldn't have been possible without China's assistance...

Jewell, Cayuga Morning and eileen like this.
  4. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Congrats S_H

S-H likes this.
  5. mart

mart Strong Ash

Good for you S-H ! Get your butt in line ! I am !

Jewell and S-H like this.

Advertisement
  6. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

No need Mart, as I seem to be some of the very few who are naturally immune from covid-19, (in a way which cannot be explained very clearly in words). So even if I got infected somehow, the symptoms would be either too mild to notice. Or would not last long enough to cause any serious cell damage.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200716-the-people-with-hidden-protection-from-covid-19

I found out early during the pandemic that I was different, but I didn't tell anyone. As I did not desire to be taken away by force to some unknown location. Where I would get experimented upon endlessly by biologists, (a state of emergency had been declared by the federal government over here, of a type which was never seen before, so anything could have happened)...

However now that the vaccine has arrived. I can openly say it, that I am naturally immune from covid-19!

:cool:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  7. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I hope you and your family and friends all get vaccinated soon S_H. :fingerscrossed:

S-H likes this.
  8. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Right now the vaccine is only being given to all frontline health workers. Next it will be the military's turn. So after them, it will become available to all civilians everywhere.

This is the free government sponsored vaccine, so if anyone wants to pay for it and jump ahead of the line. Then that too will become possible only after all frontline health workers are inoculated first.

Our government's target is to give this vaccine to at least 70% of the population by the middle of next year. So that's easily well over a hundred million people...

But sooner or later it will happen, now that the vaccine is finally here. The trials for this Chinese vaccine took some time, (as our government's heath department needed to be extra sure if it was totally safe or not). Otherwise this would have arrived a few months ago.

Aside from that, the Army's Surgeon General too needed to be satisfied completely, (who today is a lady Lieutenant General, see link below).

https://www.dawn.com/news/1566147

So ever since she took over the office of the Army Surgeon General - Things really started to turn around in our favor. This fight against coronavirus, was the toughest battle we as a nation had ever faced against a pandemic like this...

[​IMG]

Some of you might get confused about why the Army Surgeon General has any say in government policy. When it comes to battling the pandemic, and managing the sick.

Well, instead of writing something long. I'll just say that Pakistan is a Republic, with a democratically elected government, plus an independent judiciary. But ultimately, military owns Pakistan - Which I honestly believe to be a very good thing!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021