Veggy garden is done.

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by 2ofus, Sep 21, 2017.

1. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

We protected the last of the vegetables, mainly zucchini and cucumbers, through a couple of below freezing nights but, night before last, it was cold enough that the blankets just wasn't enough. I'm really going to miss my fresh veggies but my pantry and freezers are well stocked. The tomatoes are still going strong in the heated greenhouse at least for a few more weeks, then it gets too expensive to try keep the heat on.

Jewell likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. mart

mart Strong Ash

Glad you are well stocked. I am too but still need the fresh ones. Thinking about a small green house here for tomatoes and salad greens ect !

2ofus likes this.
  4. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    I have pulled tomato vines and hung them in a frost free area. Had tomatoes until Christmas one year using this method and storing green tomatoes to ripen wrapped in newspaper and boxed single layer. It used to be grocery store tomatoes are often picked green and allowed to ripen. Now they just ship from around the world or from local greenhouses.

Sounds like you had a very productive garden this year and will enjoy it through out the winter.

2ofus and marlingardener like this.