Very Sad Puppy

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Jewell, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    CM, I am sure she didn't feel well last night, and she sure isn't one to suffer quietly.

Chrisle, Today she has the bounce back in her step. She has resigned herself to wearing the cone collar.

Thanks Ronni, I ordered a soft collar from Amazon this AM with 2 day delivery.

Marlin, we will try the towels.

Toni, Ciara was eating well last night. This morning and evening she wolfed down her two meals with dry kibble mixed with wet canned food. Definitely on the mend.

Eileen, She will continue to get her amble love doses. Little Amber kept barking at Ciara to get her to play. Once the cone is changed to a softer model I think she will really perk up.

Kay, Ciara is still having a mini pity party. Just small grunts occasionally to let us know she isn't happy with her attire. She isn't pestering us for attention like she usually does, but she bounded around the back yard until she bumped into something. Think she might be unhappy with us?

Right after I wrote that she was back with her big head in my lap. Dogs are so in the moment. I love that :stew2:

2. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Jewell,..poor Ciara looks very unhappy in that picture,..i honestly think those collars make the situation worse,..ok they prevent scratching wounds but walking into door jams and furniture drives some pets to despair,..mine hated the collar,..here's hoping Ciara is feeling in better mood.

======================================================

Hi Ronni,..great link for those comfortable and presentable collars.

3. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Tomorrow the "collar of shame" comes off. Ronni thanks so much for suggesting the inflatable one. It has worked great and made the last ten days comfortable for us all. Yes, she even used it as a pillow. Ciara hates having her photo taken and moves so quick I finally made her lay down on the couch to show the replacement for the cone collar. Afterwards she was quickly off doing doggy things. :D

[​IMG]
    Kong collar coming off tomorrow ( photo / image / picture from Jewell's Garden )

Philip Nulty likes this.
  4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

That collar looks so comfortable compared to the stiff plastic one. I'm glad that Ciara is finding it easier to put up with.

Advertisement
  5. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Jewell, you're welcome! I'm so glad it was helpful, though I'm quite sure Ciara will be VERY relieved to have the dang thing off, no matter how comfortable it is. ;)

6. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I guess we were very fortunate all of the times our Cairn Terrier Scooter had to wear a cone. He was a trooper and not a peep out of him. He learned to get around his kennel door without getting caught and we built him a ramp to use going out the door so he wouldn't get caught on the steps coming back inside.