This past month I have been attacked twice by vicious bumble bees. The first time they stung me on my upper lip. I am very allergic to bee stings, but I also cannot take Benadryl or the Epi pen... I iced it for awhile. And later I had hives and a rash on my face and neck...When DS got home from work, I had him take me to the store for Benadryl. The ER would only have been able to give me an Epi shot or Benadryl, so I opted for a low dose OTC version. Thankfully, that helped. And I took my BP medicine at the same time to try and avoid a spike. I had to destroy that nest, and it took two tries to kill that nest. The other day I was outdoors getting some peppermint, and got attacked again from another nest, and he stung me on my chest. Peppermint did not ward him off. Skip the peppermint on getting rid of bees, they love it. I went out at night and sprayed that nest good. I think it is gone? I have NEVER had a problem with bumble bees before. They have always been gentle and tame, and you might even pet one now and then. Don't pet these rascals. Wasps/yellow jackets/hornets are mean and nasty, and I have been stung by them plenty. What is with the bumble bees this year? One friend thought carpenter bees, but I have never had them get so aggressive with me either. These bumble bees live in nests, with many other bumble bees, they are not solitary like bumble bees usually are. They look like ordinary bumble bees too.