Viney and agressive, pretty foliage

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by swasson48, May 10, 2007.

1. swasson48

swasson48 New Seed

This plant has a pretty foliage but is viney and aggressive and hard to pull. It is just getting started in my garden, but as I remember from last summer, it will soon be all over the garden. Should I leave it alone or pull it out. (I don't think it bloomed last spring or summer)

If no picture appears, I'll try to find out how this is done. Thanks for your patience. Sharon

2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Do you mean that plant on the far left? That's variegated goutweed and it will take over your yard if you let it!

4. swasson48

swasson48 New Seed

The middle plant

Actually the one I'm referring to is the one in the middle; the goutweed on the left (I've heard it called Snow in the Mountain here) is also invasive but really easy to pull. I leave patches of it here and there for the interesting foliage. The 3-leaved plant in the middle has me stumped. Don't know what to do with it. Thanks for your help.

5. digital flower

digital flower Seedling

I like Goutweed, too :oops: :-D 8)

I am not sure what your weed is, it might be easier to identify by the flower (when it happens). My advice is go ahead and pull it. If it is very aggressive you probably won't get it all, which means you will have some anyway.