Visitors to my gardens from my wildlife archives.

Discussion in 'Wildlife in the Garden' started by David M, Mar 17, 2019.

1. David M

David M Seedling

Hi nitram that is a lovely photograph of the fox. I have them coming nearly every night by my living room window around 11:00pm. They will be having cubs shortly and the adults will bring them too. Usually here by now.

2. nitram

nitram Seedling

Hi David thank you my names Martin i will look forward to your pictures :),

We don't get them on the back garden Ive cat proofed the garden the best i can its hard work for anything to get in unless its very small or can fly,

I have a blackbirds nest in the garden i never realised it was there and scared her off as it was going dusk i do hope shes returned to the eggs :fingerscrossed:

I had not seen my frog for a few days but spotted him submerged in the pond this evening :).

DSC_0593.jpg

eileen likes this.
  3. David M

David M Seedling

Hi Martin. Nice to see your photograph of the frog. I took some years ago of a visitor to our garden pond. The blackbird will return they usually do. Hope it does. Evey year I have them as well as the robins, blue tits, hedge sparrows and others. Really brightens up Spring and Summer to see all the new life.

Attached Files:

Frank and nitram like this.
  4. nitram

nitram Seedling

Hi David many thanks, yes she must have returned my concern it was starting to go dusk anyhow she was sat there looking at me early this morning, my gardens new in the making i started from scratch six years ago so very pleased to have a nest i do get tree and house sparrows nesting in the bird boxes up high but no sign of the tits nesting yet they might come as my garden matures more,

Nice picture of the frog :)

Advertisement
  5. David M

David M Seedling

It takes time to build up a garden as you want it. If you make suitable nesting places the birds will come. My gardens are forty eight years old and were created from scratch like yours. Believe me after time you will reap the benefits.

Attached Files:

6. nitram

nitram Seedling

It looks fantastic David well done,

Well so far so good for me the last two years the blackbirds have brought there young to our garden and this year decided to nest, we did have a pigeon nest late on last year only one egg and it didn't hatch,

We did have house martins looking under the eaves two years ago but no luck i made some nests to try and attract them and this year will play some nesting calls via a speaker the house/tree sparrows or using the nests lol,

My garden had been neglected for years when we bought the house, it was a case of removing large trees and brambles putting new fences up then seeding a new lawn etc, its now starting to take shape but still work in progress i developed a area at the top of the garden this time last year finished it in May, before and after pics of this area this area had become a dumping ground as other areas was being developed two very large trees that i dug out by the roots dam hard work.

1111.JPG 2222.jpg DSC_0015.jpg DSC_0017.jpg

Attached Files:

7. nitram

nitram Seedling

A few birds enjoying the pond waterfall last year.

DSC_0013.JPG DSC_0562.JPG

8. David M

David M Seedling

Hi nitram,
    What a wonderful transformation of your garden. Your hard work will pay off and you will get great benefits from it. Nice photos.

nitram likes this.
  9. nitram

nitram Seedling

Thank you David i managed to grab a picture of my nesting blackbird yesterday.
    DSC_0610.jpg

eileen likes this.
  10. David M

David M Seedling

Hi nitran,
    What a great photograph. Be patient and depending on your camera use macro for close ups and wait for it to focus before hitting the button.

nitram likes this.
  11. Kildale

Kildale Nature's Window

Hi nitran, Noticed that you have some gnomes in the garden A couple of years ago members sent me some of their garden gnomes and other stuff. I put them into a story and thought you might like to see it, just click Magic in the Garden and then next.

12. nitram

nitram Seedling

Thank you David, macro is no good for blackbird shot i really need my zoom lens on i rushed the picture as i didn't want to disturb her, with my zoom lens i could get a better shot from distance without disturbing her

A macro shot taken this evening its my Acer leave just starting to form.
    DSC_0614.jpg

I use a Nikon D3300 18/55 lens with extension tubes for really close up stuff and a large zoom lens for distance work.

Hi Kildale i only have a few my oldest daughter has started buying me them i try and place them where the birds bath it adds to the picture when photographing the birds,

Your collection looks great thanks for sharing.

eileen likes this.
  13. nitram

nitram Seedling

:)
    DSC_0001.JPG

14. David M

David M Seedling

Hi nitram, Nice camera and I get your point. I had a Canon SLR but sold it later and bought a Canon SX500 IS which suits me these days for quick action shots taken easily without the hassle of tubes etc. NIce photo of your Acer mine hasn't opened yet.

nitram likes this.
  15. David M

David M Seedling

Hi Kildale,
    Loved your link to Magic In The Garden. Really enjoyed the look.

nitram likes this.