Wall Decals

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by summer, Mar 26, 2013.

1. summer

summer New Seed

Hello, I am new to this forum and was hoping that you would share your experience of wall decals:
    Does this work/stick on textured wallpaper?
    Are they removable and re-usable?
    Can they be cleaned?
    feedback would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. panafrenchy
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Platinum23
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Hi summer and welcome to the Stew. I just put up a wall decal saying in my bedroom. It was pretty easy to install. The wall has some texture but not a lot. I'm not sure about removing it. I guess you could if you where really careful. I will take a pic of it and post it as soon as get the time.

4. summer

summer New Seed

Hello Tooty2shoes, many thanks for your reply, I am looking forward to seeing your picture. I want to cover a rather large area and want to get it done correctly.

5. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Summer here is a photo of the wall decal I put up the other day. It measure 40" wide by 14" tall.

[​IMG]
    Wall decal I put in our bedroom ( photo / image / picture from Tooty2shoes's Garden )

:stew1:

stratsmom, Droopy and Jewell like this.

Advertisement
  6. summer

summer New Seed

Ahhhhhh this looks great, love the font and it is so intricate, it really does not look like a sticker.
    The one I was looking at I saw at
    3d-walldecals , it looks like they are sticking them on a painted surface. Is yours on wallpaper or a painted wall, it is difficult to tell from the image? On their website they have a video demonstration of how to fit the decal, is this how you fitted yours or are there any special tips you can share?
    Many thanks!

7. summer

summer New Seed

sorry forgot to say thank you for sending the image, this really gives a better idea of how it could look!

8. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Summer thank you. It is on a painted wall. The letters are made out of vinyl. The online company I ordered it from is; lacybella.com they have a lot of ones to chose from and different fonts. Yes it did come with instructions on applying it to the wall.
    Have a great day, :stew1:

9. vanitak

vanitak New Seed

Decals: Sometimes Difficult to Take Off

Hi Summer,

Like Tooty2shoes showed you, decals are pretty easy to put on walls. I've helped friends put them up and take them down. I find taking them down can be difficult if you've put them on a painted surface. We ended up using a hair dryer to heat up the decals before slowly peeling them off. I'm sure there are other ways to take them off but that's the only way I know how.

Hope that helps! :-o

Vanita
    moderator's note: removed website link, see point 1.1 of usage rules

10. summer

summer New Seed

Many thanks for your feedback and advice. i will try to put my decals up later on this week. i will keep you posted on the progress ! :)

11. ellaloo

ellaloo Seedling

be careful and you can remove it.

12. SydneyMacIntyre

SydneyMacIntyre New Seed

Hey summer,

In my experience decals (depending on the material they are printed on) vary in quality, some companies provide repositionable/removable material while others tend to be more permanent and harder to remove. You can get away with a little bit of texture on the wall but the smoother the better generally. Cleaning depends on the type of vinyl but generally I'd say use a dry cloth and avoid any type of water/moisture because that can release the adhesive.

Decals are a great way to decorate your walls. :)

Hope that helps!

13. james123

james123 New Seed

Decals makes your walls attractive, but you should be careful while you are removing them. It can affect your wall in negative manner.

14. Addaneye

Addaneye New Seed

summer if you are doing it first time or not good in this then don't try this at your wall first.Try somewhere else and then try to room wall.

15. ldtolent

ldtolent New Seed

The wall stickers are very easy to apply

The wall stickers are very easy to apply. You must make the application slowly to avoid bolhar air, it would hamper your decor. The wall stickers are removable and do not spoil your wall. Before making the application make sure the wall is clean and suitable for bonding. When buying a wall sticker you receive the correct instructions for the application! Very worthwhile, your home will be beautiful, you will find several options on the internet.

moderator's note: removed website link, see point 1.1 of usage rules

16. sanderson

sanderson New Seed

Hi! Those are great questions when it comes to wall stickers! I found a great frequently asked questions page on the
    wallpops website that answered all of these questions and more while I was considering purchasing them. I am so glad I did, they were so easy to hang and remove, and I was able to clean and store them for a future refresher for my living space! Good luck!