wanted: no herbicide/pesticide lawncare help

Discussion in 'Lawn Care' started by dllfb, Mar 24, 2008.

1. dllfb

dllfb New Seed

Guelph, in Southern Ontario, is passing a law soon, of no herbicides or pesticides for lawn care. Can anyone give me any tips as to a weedless lawn (other than get the knife out!) Is there anything that can replace the hose spray container of Killex or Weed b Gone...to spray a large lawn area? I tried the lemon juice and vinegar mixture, but it didn't work. I'd like to know what kind of "NATURAL" solutions people are using..that work! We have a lot of dandilions in this neighbourhood along with chickweed, clovers and moss. Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

3. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Now that is taking a stand against the use of herbicides and pesticide use.
    Is this legislation going to be a local one or wountry wide. What I mean by local is - only applicable to your area enforced by your local authorities.
    And country-wide - applicable to the whole of Canada and the law being passed by your parliament.

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 New Seed

Reduction of lawn weeds can be done mechanincally to a degree.

Lawns don't mind being cut often, but weeds do. Cut yor lawn at a heigher height to promote a healthy lawn and to choke out the weeds.

A good fert program will encourage the growth of grass and help to choke out those weeds with proper cultural practices.

Cut your lawn 2-3 times per week for a while at a heigher height with a good fert program, minus the herbicides and you should get some better results.