I've been ignoring my front flower bed for a while now. Today I decided to clean the mess up. So far I've worked for four hours and filled 2 wheelbarrows full and still have a ways to go. As you can see, the salvias definitely got ahead of me and I'm shuffling things around. Drastically trimmed back the pink potentilla bushes, removed an number of self-seeded salvias and still have more to thin out. The last picture shows how the salvia is covering up my Gnome stump and the Gnomes. I've got some flag stone so I'm going to make a 'patio' for the gnomes. By keeping the salvia at the back and outside edges I'll have the room for more shorter long bloomers and I want to add some Kona chinensis dianthus to the front edge. I worked for about 4 hours today before it got too hot and will 'hit' it again tomorrow. Then it is on the narrow bed against the front of the house.