We are tired of the same olld stuff ! Need new and different recipes.

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by mart, Mar 9, 2021.

1. mart

mart Strong Ash

We make sheperds pie too from whatever we have in the fridge !

DianneWoollie likes this.
  2. DianneWoollie

DianneWoollie In Flower

We make Shepherds Pie mainly with beef mince as a base...One day my English neighbour said to me, what meat do you use in your Shepherds...I said whatever is left over or mainly would cook mince beef...Well he said that would be called Cottage Pie then..I said well for over 50+ years it's been Shepherds so that is what I call it..but it is only Shepherds if made with Lamb surely you know that Dianne....I did not know if I should laugh or just feel sorry for him.....talk about small minded.....Does a Stew have to have a particular meat....I would ask but he has moved....none such strange as folk...

3. mart

mart Strong Ash

Ha ! Never thought about it that way ! I guess since we are in Texas and beef is everywhere,, we could call it Ranchers Pie ! I agree some folks are just odd ! We have them here too !

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Dianne, there is an on-going and sometimes acrimonious debate among Texans about beans in chili. I made a black bean and turkey chili with leftover Thanksgiving turkey, and some folks still aren't speaking to me (just kidding, but chili is a serious subject here.)
    You go ahead and make your Shepherd's Pie any way you like, even with beans!

Cayuga Morning and Sjoerd like this.

Advertisement
  5. mart

mart Strong Ash

Sheperds pie should be made with whatever you have in the fridge ! Well,, except pinto beans ! Just doesn`t work for that ! Leftover gravy, english peas, carrots, that little bit of onion too small for anything else ect ! Even that last bite of fried potatoes you were too stuffed to eat ! And whatever meat was left from last nights dinner ! Now that is sheperds pie !

6. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

So this is a Cornell University marinade for 4 or 5 fryers. But there is a secret, not in the recipe. 1 raw egg. Without it the marinade will not work. Screenshot_20210624-065606.png

DianneWoollie likes this.
  7. DianneWoollie

DianneWoollie In Flower

Cabillaud = Cod and Chips with Frozen Peas also French Baguette..Pudding..home made of course..Apple Crumble with Pouring Cream..Yummy...Chicken sounds good with the marinade, Dirt..:smt045.