Yesterday, the grapes looked like this. I didn't want the birds to get ALL of them. So I picked a tub full. Today I cleaned up 5 pounds of grapes, de-stemmed and washed. I tried to choose the darkest and bluest. Then I smashed 'em, cooked 'em, added a bit of water, filtered out seeds and skins, then added some sugar and pectin, boiled... canned. OK, technically this is jelly, not jam. So maybe the title should be "We be jellin" LOL. I had to do some research and calculating. The recipe was from a Sure-Jell (low sugar pectin) package insert and called for "1 package'. But I only had Ball low sugar pectin in a big container. So I looked up the Sure-Jell package weight - 49 grams - and weighed out that much Ball pectin. These aren't cooled yet, but the residue in the pot was nicely gelled. The Sure-Jell instructions say you can't substitute another brand (of course it does) but the store is out and I don't want to drive 30 miles. These are "Buffalo" grapes, similar to Concord but with shorter season so they produce here. I never water or fertilize them, aiming for the local "terroir" LOL. I do need to get into them and prune out the blackberry vines, invading from the neighbor's yard. Them's thorny! This is a tasty, richly flavored jelly. If I feel ambitious, I could make another batch next week.