weather report

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by i love bugs, Dec 7, 2005.

1. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

I m living in Dublin Ireland, its another wet and miserable day , temp is seven degrees centigrade and falling, very little sunshine. I should be down in the mouth but I m not I have a big open log fire , enough fuel for the winter and gardenstew.com. whats the weather like where you are? 8)

2. Loading...

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

The sun is shining brightly. It is 34 degrees but going up to 67 degrees so it says. It has been colder but a warming trend is in view. Yesterday it got up to sweatshirt temperatures. Dooley

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

The weather in Galway, Ireland was miserable today as well. Wet, wet, WET. I found it hard to get out of bed this morning when I heard the rain pelting against my window :D Tomorrow will be more of the same I guess. No snow this year as of yet but I predict that will come very soon. Last year we had snow on Christmas Day just about the time the clock struck midnight, and then none on any other day. I wonder if that will happen this year. :?:

5. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

This morning it is 10 deg F in central Ohio USA, they say snow moving this evening to the tune of 3 to 4 inches worth! Another set by the wood stove and hand feed it day! :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  6. i love bugs

10 degrees f is cold brrrr. I wont complain about our weather anymore.Its a lovely day today (good gardening day) i think i will do some tidying and put my garden to bed for the winter.I m starting a big project soon and will need all my time free .Im hoping to build a large garden shed with lean to conservatory to grow some grapevines( I like wine and make country wines) 8)

7. Capt Kirk

Wellsed to get down in the teens F again tonight, but we have about 3 inches of fresh snow on the ground. We are supposed to get some more snow on Sunday. I have some pics in my blog if you want to see what a REAL winter looks like! :D

8. dooley

It was cloudy and cold here today. Must be winter. No snow, but it's supposed to rain Sunday night thru Monday morning. Dooley

9. i love bugs

capt kirk, great pictures! I will post some fron ireland in the near future meanwhile enjoy your log fires

10. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Looking forward to your photos Bugs.

Today in Galway it is quite mild (12 deg C / 54 deg F). I can actually see pockets of blue which is a change from yesterday's rubbish rainy weather (I got wet walking into the city ) :smt089

11. i love bugs

:smt111 the weather today is great ,about 12c. Ive just finished cutting the last of my winter wood, about two cords yesterday and today. I do some tree surgery and get all my timber free. Most people pay me to take it away ;) The long range weather forecast is looking good for Christmas .On an unrelated topic i heard scottish police had to pull out ad for drink driving in which Santa Claus was knocked down by a drink driver. Sad but true 8)

12. dooley

+Sunny and cold here in sunny Arizona. only 16F this morning. Hopefully it will be warmer tomorrow. The valley is, of course, warmer.
    We hauled our wood from slash piles left by loggers cutting trees killed by pine bark beetles last year. Dooley

13. Capt Kirk

Yesterday we got another 4 1/2 inches of snow. So that puts a total of about 7 inches on the ground now. I had to use the snow blower on the lane and got it cleaned out. Have had some snow showers all morning but now the sun is out. Should have a white Christmas as the temps are supposed to stay below freezing for at least the next week.

14. i love bugs

Capt. Kirk, 7.5 inches snow! wow, Ive just been talking to my sister in law in Brisbane temperature there is 34c about 93f . i told her about your snow, the children would love snow for Christmas. Santa claus sometimes goes around wearing shorts.They usually spend Christmas day by the pool, a bit different from where you are. :smt111

15. dooley

It was 14F this morning. Clear and cold. By noon it was cloudy and windy, BRR! Dooley

16. Capt Kirk

Bugs, last year at this time we had 15 inches of snow on the ground and the deer were eating my shrubs as they couldn't get to any of the ground growth.