We're home!!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by eileen, Sep 7, 2015.

1. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi everyone!!

I've been trying to catch up on all the posts I've missed over the last week. I've finally given up as there are just so many!! :eek:

We had a lovely time in Yorkshire (our village was called Goathland) and the cottage was like a home away from home. I can't say that the weather co-operated as we had quite a few rainy days with high winds. Being Scottish (normal weather for us) we weren't held back by it though and still got out and about. Of course, since we got back, the sun has been splitting the sky and it's actually quite hot. Perfect weather for drying clothes and cutting grass though.
    There was no mobile 'phone service in the valley where we were so we got complete peace for the whole week. No internet either. The kids couldn't get a hold of us whenever they felt like it. Bliss!! :D
    I have lots of photographs but must catch up on all the washing (how come there always seems to be so much after only a week?), cleaning and gardening before I get around to sorting them all out. Don't worry I won't forget but I hope you all like rocks and trains. ;)

2. Loading...

3. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Welcome back Eileen!!! Nice to know you had a great time and did not let the weather spoil it for you.

Will be waiting for your photos! :)

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Welcome back Eils! I missed your posts all week. I'm certainly looking forward to photos you took. Sometimes it's nice to get a break from the constant barrage of the media.
    BTW you won the last caption competition!

5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We all love rocks and trains, and we love your posts (which we can wait impatiently for, but laundry takes precedence). Glad you had a lovely, peaceful time in Yorkshire. Welcome home!

Advertisement
  6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sounds like a wonderful time, glad you stayed safe and enjoyed the week. Being disconnected from technology can be a wonderful thing.

7. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Welcome home Eileen. Glad you had a wonderful time. Looking forward to your pic's.

8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Welcome Home :)