What are you listening to?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Jadenz, May 16, 2013.

1. Jadenz

Jadenz Seedling

I was reading the "Does music play a part in your life?" thread and it got me thinking. I did a search for music and I didn't find a thread like this.
    So anyway, the forum is about gardening but sometimes it rains or people can't garden. And some people even like to hear music when they work.

So this can be a thread where members can share their favorite music and talk about their favorite bands, artists, and singers.

As for me, I like a lot of different genres of music and I'm always listening to something. I even listen to old classic rock and stuff. Btw, I won't be posting any links that don't agree with the rules for this forum.
    Sometimes I want music that's loud and fast but sometimes I like stuff that's more chilled out. This is my favorite song from Owl City. :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psuRGfAaju4

Frank, AAnightowl and gardenelf like this.
  2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I am listening to thunder and rain which is the most wonderful song for us since we have not had nearly enough rain to make it comfortably through the summer.

Jadenz likes this.
  4. Jadenz

Jadenz Seedling

Lol! :-D You can have ours. I've been listening to storms all week and it stormed all day. The back yard looks like a lake! :eek:

5. Kiasmum

Kiasmum In Flower

I like this idea :-D My husband participates on a Hi-Fi forum with a similar thread.Sometimes when someone posts it jogs us to go and try the same.

Currently listening to Keyboard Concerto in Dmajor bye CPE Bach on ClassicFM radio in the UK.

In a few minutes I'll be listening to the blackbirds as I put the food out for them.

Advertisement
  6. Jadenz

Jadenz Seedling

Cool! :-D I'm a member at a music forum and I listen to BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge too. They have awesome bands like Arctic Monkeys and Pendulum.

I'm waking up and listening to the new album, Selfhood, by my favorite band out of Leamington Spa, Sharks! :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEYPu4lyLc4

7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

NPR, the chickens or a barking dog. but never all at the same time. that would be too much confusion.

8. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

At 8 a.m. I'm listening to NPR. Later I'll listen to Science Friday. In between, we are having an information booth at the Endangered Species day at the Waco Zoo, with information about honeybees. After fielding questions about bees, honey, hives, and "planting for the bees" we will be ready for a little silence!

9. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

fatbaldguy likes this.
  10. dasky

dasky New Seed

im listening to chillout music

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

An occasional car driving passed the house, the dog across the street barking and the central AC unit just came on so that means I will have to close the front door and listen instead voices in my head. ;)

But I will be doing some house cleaning so I will probably listen to some Loreena McKennitt or Clannad today.

12. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Bunkie, I must have heard this somewhere. It is familiar to me...maybe on the tomato forum :rolleyes: or not, but it is not unfamiliar.

SO, I guess that is what I am listening to this morning, other than running water as I water the greenhouse or the ventilation fans as they kick on and off.

13. Jadenz

Jadenz Seedling

Well I was listening to my brother screaming and dad whining about adobe updates but now I'm just listening to Hollywood Undead on my Sansa Fuze, lol!

14. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

15. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

Earlier this afternoon, I was listening to John Denver's "Annie's Song" [my late husband used to play that for me on his guitar], and "Thank God, I'm A Country Boy. I was also listening to some Statler Brothers "I'll Go To My Grave Loving You", "The Fourth Man In The Fire", and "In The Garden".

I like a variety of music, including classical such as Beethoven's 9th Symphony, Mozart, Tchaicovsky, Hayden, and many others. I love Rossini's "Meow"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=437269552760

Sometimes I like historical ballads such as "We've Got To Sink The Bismarck" by Johnny Horton, or "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" by Gordon Lightfoot, or Larry Verne's "Mr Custer"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0nHWAoIfxo

Or some Ray Steven's like "Osama, Yo Mama"... and others... [You Tube]...

Here is one with rain and thunder for those who love to listen to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR8oMMRm_IE It says it is 10 hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idJ7pA-CKGM Eddie Rabbit's "I Love A Rainy Night"...

I love old Gospel music too, but it is difficult to find nowadays, everyone has it all jazzed up and it just isnt the same.

16. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

At this second, Im listening to the tv in the bedroom and my bf snoring...

About the only time I listen to music anymore is in the car. I have a certain set of stations I listen to, mainly country and a few stations whose genre Im not sure of (they say they "play everything"). Occasionally Ill get stuck on a song and listen to it over and over and over and over...haha. I also like some soundtrack songs (like from the movie Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron ;)).

Hmm lets see if this works...its a link to my main playlist on Playlist.com (Ive got 4 playlists :D)
    http://pl.st/p/495880971