What are you reading at the moment?

Discussion in 'Books' started by Frank, Mar 13, 2005.

1. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

Mycelial Mayhem by David and Christian Sewak.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  2. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

I'm into a series of (de lor) family books and enjoying them well...purchased yesterday this one :)

[​IMG]

3. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Well I soon destroyed "shadowmoor" lovely read and purchased Book 5 yesterday in the series.

[​IMG]

4. kate

kate In Flower

I am reading ‘A Puppy Proposal’. He was dressed for a night out till he saw the injured dog (Border Collie) on the road limping...

He took it to a vet but the guy was too filthy to continue his journey to paint the town red. The vet was a girl vet..
    K

Gail-Steman likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

You in to romance books...as I love them but also the history behind them besides and Kathryn Le Veques books are an excellent read :)

6. kate

kate In Flower

Yes, but more hospital romances Gail , hard to come by though.

My cousin is a writer she began on the step after the war telling stories to the local kids. Look out for Josephine Cox. She is a millionaire now and her books are devoted to family, she did one for my dad.
    Read Jinnie, it was a very good read!!
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Womans-For...GGE_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1536388367&sr=1-1

I look in our local book shops, people give them away after reading them, just have to make a donation.
    K

Gail-Steman likes this.
  7. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Hi @kate before I got on to the highlander book and regency ones...I destroyed loads of Josephine Cox books and many authors like her who wrote about war time, the hardship etc and when I brought my kindle and was looking I brought an highlander book and they're great also.
    I used to pay for books give them the neighbour to pass on then I turned to our local library and when I did the books I hadn't read, then moved to charity shops and after that Asda etc...then I brought my kindle.

You used to be able to email a book to a friend but when they brought good reads out they soon stopped it and why god knows when you've paid for the book.

8. kate

kate In Flower

Wow Gail, I am collecting Josephine Cox books.

I have five just now. I can get them from Amazon but prefer to donate to the book shop.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  9. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Your doing good with your collection I gave loads away to my neighbour as she read the same books her mom and family members, then we she moved away I gave them to another neighbour, then she had a kindle, so I just handed them over to charity shops...I buy the books of Amazon and I only joined prime so if I purchased something it came quicker :rofl: mind you it's easier to send goods back. :)

10. kate

kate In Flower

I found prime a rip off Gail. It was taking money monthly from my account, or it would had I not spotted it going out when I never ordered that month. Now I prefer to wait.
    K

Gail-Steman likes this.
  11. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Sorry to hear Kate what they was doing mate...I pay for the year out the way but when I purchase something I always check the dates with my purchase even the books...it's mainly so stuff comes quicker if I need it.

12. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

I looked at volume 6 and 7 of the (de lor series) I'm currently reading and I think I would have been bored plus reviews wasn't great but I purchased Volume 8...and so far a good read :)

[​IMG]

13. plantmom

plantmom New Seed

I just read 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society' and then watched the Netflix movie. The squealy romantic sucker in me loved it!

Gail-Steman likes this.
  14. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Well I started off enjoying the "Archangel" and after so long started going boring so that was a waste of money...took me ages to find another but I found one I like.

[​IMG]
    @kate You might like this book...here's one of the reviews of it ;)

This Book,Found it Moving And Emotional, set in 1890,About a small boy from an upper class family,who was unable too speak,his mother had died giving birth too him,and he was rejected by his father and hidden away,and the nurse maid who had worked with children in the workhouse,who was employed to care for him,and her love for this little boy,and finding out there was more too him that meets the eye,especially his perception of what he sees and his drawings of this,and when she was sent too put her charge into a mental home,she ran away with him,too try too give him a life,and the way she found work,and cared for him,Encouraging the Drawing,Eventually They were found and protected by the little Boys Grandmother,and in the end all ended well,Autism as its known these days.

15. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

"The guardian angel" was a lovely read and i purchased a Josephine Cox book "Take this woman"