What can I plant in a greenhouse in the autumn?

Discussion in 'Greenhouse' started by fergaljay, Aug 14, 2007.

1. fergaljay

fergaljay New Seed

Hi I have just been bought a greenhouse which is great but also a little annoying due to it coming up to autumn! Can anyone please tell me What can I plant in a greenhouse in the autumn?

I've planted my garden with bulbs ready for spring but I would like to grow some unusual plants in the greenhouse and wonder if there are any seeds i can sow now? I am thinking of growing chillies and a few small veg plants but I really want to grow some flowers now FROM SEED!

HELP

THANKS!!!

2. Loading...

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

How about trying Calendula? I suggest them because they thrive in our wet, cold summers, so I thought they would love your greenhouse. The flower petals are edible, and add colour to green salads. You can also make your own calendula salve for dry, chapped gardener's hands from them.

4. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Is it a heated greenhouse or more the 'cold frame' variety?

5. petunia

petunia Young Pine

I just put up a small greenhouse last fall and went around and picked up pots that people would throw away and ended up with geraniums in the winter-pretty nifty I thought. as long as it stays about 60-65 degr. that should keep any plant. hope this helps