What do you like to read ?

Discussion in 'Books' started by Capt Kirk, Jan 8, 2007.

1. bethie

bethie Young Pine

I read everything that has words on it. From the toothpaste tube-"do not ingest more than is used in toothbrushing" (duh) to the leather dye- "do not dye shoes on feet" (double duh) Who writes this stuff?
    I read all books but not crazy about sci-fi but I will read it if that's all that's available. Our local library is small so you have to read what's there. Reading Rules! Libraries Rock! 8)

2. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

I do that too, whether I like it or not - hence my refusing to have wallpaper in my kitchen with words on it as I would then end up reading every single day things like "herbes....rosemary.... basil... oregano.... herbes.... rosemary..." I don't have clothing with words on it much either, for the same reason. "Bill Blass. Bill Blass. Bill Blass..."

*argh*

3. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

I am so glad to hear I am not the only one with a word obsession. I started with the backs of cereal boxes when I was a little kid. And will still read them if I leave them out during breakfast.

4. muddybob

muddybob In Flower

I do that too. That is the wallpaper in my kitchen. It was there when we moved in. Herbes De Provence. Some day it will go.

muddy

Advertisement
  5. Desert Rat

Desert Rat The Dusty Blogger

I like to read huge checks made out to my order. It could happen!

6. aprilconnett

aprilconnett Seedling

Desert Rat,

I'm all for that kind of reading!!

7. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

I love to read, but I'm dyslectic so because I read so slowly I don't read near as much as I should. I love to read Maps, but Science Fiction is my usual choice when reading books. Although the occasional big check would do fine.

Tom

8. Chitweed

Chitweed In Flower

I like to read biographies, historical novels, gardening books, and really just about anything someone else says was really good. I even read the books on my kids summer assigned reading lists. I just really like to read.

9. teddybear

teddybear In Flower

I'm still stuck on Jodi Thomas. I love her old western romances and, romance is not normally my first pick. Six more books and I will have read all of them but, it's OK she has a new one coming out in Nov. 8)