What Goes Around, Comes Around

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by Sjoerd, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

You have a lovely heart to share the blessings of your harvest.

Sjoerd likes this.
  2. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

My daughter made pea soup for her partner tonight - she is not a personal fan, so she had nothing to compare it to. Her partner loved it...and I told her she should call it "Snert". She looked it up and agreed.

From now on Sjoerd...our pea soup ( eventhough perhaps different in some ways) will be called Snert. :) We love it - ....welcome to the Clan. :flower::heart::stew1:

Logan and Sjoerd like this.
  3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oké Snerters, I have no idea if split pea soup is normal there, but I have a weakness for it. Everyone and every restaurant have their own recipe's, but they are all similar enough to be eaten. Chuckle.

Here at our gardening club we have the annual “Snertfeest”. A day after the harvest we come together to have snert and a neutje…and chatting to fellow gardeners and friends.
    Here is an old posting about it:
    https://www.gardenstew.com/threads/winter-has-arrived-in-west-friesland.12989/#post-120550

There are other postings if you want to read, just type in “snertfeest” .

During the covid we have not been having it because the clubhouse room is small, closed and without ventilation.

Melody Mc. and Logan like this.
  4. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

This is great Sjoerd. You must miss the garden club gatherings.

Pea soup is common here, but it sounds like not as common as there. :) It is rarely on a restaurant menu from what I recall. I used to make split pea soup after any occasion that we served a bone-in ham. My son's peanut allergy also means legumes are a problem for him (especially peas) , so I got away from making it for many years. Last year was the first time I made it in a very very long time.

Sjoerd and Logan like this.

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Well, snert is a seasonal dish here. Fall and winter is when you have it at home or in restaurants. You can even find it in the supermarkets during this period.

oo right that I miss the various gatherings.