What have you done today in the Garden?

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by razyrsharpe, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

Bunkie, do you make Crab apple jelly?

2. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

Yesirree!

Growingpains likes this.
  3. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

4. Odif

Odif Young Pine

I sieved compost and put it onto the garden and turned another compost. in the afternoon, I cut wood.

Growingpains and Cayuga Morning like this.

Advertisement
  5. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

Odif, you're very ambitious. I believe I have turned the seasonal corner and am in the planning stages for Garden 2018.

Odif likes this.
  6. Odif

Odif Young Pine

It is snowing lightly here. I am off to organize delivery of four truckloads of topsoil, hee hee.

Growingpains likes this.
  7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I spent the day, pretty much, with the game warden skinning a poached deer from our woods. I chased someone off after I heard and saw what was happening... told him he was a terrible shot in much unkinder terms and to get! called the warden and found the man was using illegal ammo. loser! that was so disturbing and disgusting. not the kind of thing anyone wants to see. I will not tell how ugly it was.

Growingpains likes this.
  8. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

Carolyn, my "Like" is that you caught the culprit red-handed.

Odif, is the topsoil for your garden ?

9. Odif

Odif Young Pine

Well I didn´t get the topsoil that is for my garden because it was snowing. I will use it to incorporate into my swales. The workers didn´t come because of the snow. The soil comes from a field next to the river. Yesterday afternoon the snow melted followed by high winds. I just woke up and saw we had a few inches overnight. The kids are going to be so happy. Today I will not be able to do anything apart from shovelling snow.

Growingpains likes this.
  10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Went out to the lottie with another load of leaves from our apartment clean-up crew. Checked the mouse and rat traps and ther sprouts. We have one or two more meals...then we shall remove and eat the tops of the plants.....lift them and do a soil Rx before covering them with a very thick layer of dead plant debris.
    It is so foggy here today that I cannot see the harbour tower. Snow is forecast.

Growingpains likes this.
  11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I have a new old wheelbarrow in the backyard....good only for planting which is great for me, that makes 4. I think it will be planted with shade loving plants of some sort next spring.
    Just the leaves that have landed on the driveway and front steps have filled 4 large lawn refuse bags that have been dumped into the hugelkultur. The non-pave portions of the front and back are covered with an ever deepening layer of them. But those will stay until Spring and then either be scraped up or have mulch dumped on them.

12. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

It's hard to show you what i've been up to without pics. This year I haven't started my hydroponics yet, but have been busy keeping the plants that i do have protected from this erratic weather we are having. I did make a makeshift greenhouse using pvc pipe, thin drop cloth (from Dollar Tree) and binder clips...lol. Oh, i did manage to hook up my grow lights for each section and its soooo cool. Sowed arugula, pak choi, red salad onions, kale in existing pots last Sunday (a week ago). The arugula has already taken off. I'm actually going to do some micorgreens this week...so exciting!! Nope I've never grown them before...but it should be fun. Still a bit miffed because I can't upload my pics!!!

Odif and Growingpains like this.
  13. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

WOW Hummer! Way to winter garden. I'm just slightly envious. :smt044

hummerbum likes this.
  14. Odif

Odif Young Pine

I want to get some leds soon. I would love to try. I have been cutting wood, working on my fence and building composts. When they don't start heating up after a while, then I must add stuff and rebuild them.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    Growingpains likes this.
  15. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

thanks GrowingPains and Odif! It's a little different this year. Even though we now have a patio, the problem is not space but trying not to take up all the space..with my contraption, it does block all view from the inside and no one outside can see onto the patio except from one side....lmbo. Hubby said, "So I guess we will not be able to see what's going on outside huh?" I told him this is just for a few short months and that the plants are better to look at than people sometimes.....:headbang: My neighbors probably think that I'm growing weed because of the pinkish grow lights again...lmbo!! Heck someone smokes it around us. Told hubby to look out, because if it ever becomes legal to grow it here in Georgia...it's on!!!

Odif and Growingpains like this.