What have you done today in the Garden?

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by razyrsharpe, Jan 20, 2014.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Margie, I think fresh rosemary would work best. When we lived up north, a friend living in a wooded area had a terrible deer problem. I rooted rosemary cuttings and she planted them among her tomatoes and eventually all over her small garden. The deer stayed away and she actually got to harvest vegetables!

carolyn likes this.
  2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Yesterday we were at Randy's Mom's house for Mothers day and today is a little slower hitting the limit of the heat I can tolerate so I have been out front feeding the birds and swapping out an old and not working too well sprinkler in the north shade bed for a brand new one.....okay it wasn't me who did the work, the old one just would not let go so I came in to get a wrench to do the job and wound up with a hubby to do the job. Don'tcha just love it when something works out that way. :)

Northerner likes this.
  3. Northerner

Northerner Mean Bean

Got the garden planted yesterday. I needed the cucumbers, zucchini, summer squash, green beans (120 seeds), carrots, radishes, sweet peppers. Got starter plants in jalapenos, banana peppers, several different types of tomatoes. I'll get some pictures once the weather cooperates.

DeepWoods and Odif like this.
  4. Odif

Odif Young Pine

I planted potatoes and transplanted basil. Lots of weeding.

DeepWoods likes this.

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Most likely nothing today. The new AC system will be installed today, if the rain holds off, and they will be in my way out back and everything on the front porch had to be moved so they can get the heating unit inside so that clutters up the front garden.
    And while they are here the cat will have to be locked up in the side room...which also is where my computer is so I will be having computer withdrawals while I knit and watch a movie. They should be finished about 4-5 hours after they get here.
    But on the good side, I won't have to cook supper either!!!!

6. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

watered hanging baskets again... sold a few things. weeded some more in the high tunnel. weeds just keep popping up. never ending. someday it will be weed free in there... ( I am dreaming at least). planted up some more of my flowers for bouquets. I am down to the delphiniums and larkspur... those green bells from ireland.... a few cosmos yet... I have a bout 15 50' rows planted up so far. then on to the garden itself.

DeepWoods likes this.
  7. Odif

Odif Young Pine

Planted out tomatoes and potatoes as well as aubergines and courgettes. I also moved heavy furniture to our new house of which the table circular saw was the heaviest.

DeepWoods likes this.
  8. DeepWoods

DeepWoods In Flower

Checked everything for bugs...squished some squash bugs.....planted another opal basil plant, helped the cucumbers get a hold of the trellis strings, and some more ....also checked on my new split off of my bee hives (it's doing well)
    May182018_1.jpg

May182018_2.jpg
    May182018_5.jpg

Ooops...forgot the rear garden image...
    May182018_4.jpg

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  9. Papaw-John

Papaw-John New Seed

Southeast Texas Located in the Big Thicket Zone 9a
    I ripped a 2x4 and a 1x4 and made a trellis for my cucumbers today. I tied scrap rope every foot to give the vines more to climb up. Just making due with what I have laying around. It was getting dark when I took the picture and for some reason it made the picture look like a painting or something. Strange...[​IMG]

10. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I had a market yesterday. I was too tired last night to comment but yesterday I had 66 or so baskets left at the end of the day out of 350+ hanging baskets. I had a busy day. the high tunnel and greenhouses are almost empty of everything and anything I have to sell can be found outside on the tables basket racks and porch. now I can start planting plants in the structures for harvest.

11. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

After getting the veggie garden sorted we began on cleaning the flower plots...and are thinking about which plants to fill the gaps with.

DeepWoods and hummerbum like this.
  12. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Love your garden Deep Woods...man I can't wait..once again!!!

DeepWoods likes this.
  13. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Paw-paw John...love yours too!!!

DeepWoods likes this.
  14. Northerner

Northerner Mean Bean

Know what ivI' done in my garden? Nothing!!!! It won't stop raining and dirt has washed away exposing my green bean seeds(guess I should have planted them deeper). So I'm just waiting for the rain to stop and the sun to come out.

15. DeepWoods

DeepWoods In Flower

Squished some more squash bugs...picked some lettuce, swiss chard, spinach and kale for a salad.
    Got 24 pounds of honey out of one of my hives this morning and got stung twice on the same eyelid..Uuugh!!! BeeSting_2-onEyelid_052318.jpg

hummerbum, Frank and carolyn like this.