What have you done today in the Garden?

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by razyrsharpe, Jan 20, 2014.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Carolyn, I just have to ask, why did you bathe a chicken? Are my ladies missing out on something? Did you use bar soap or bath foam? Inquiring minds want to know:)!

Catdaddy6676 and Gail-Steman like this.
  2. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I used home made bar soap. warm water and a blow dryer in the bathroom. never gave a chicken a fluffy butt before. she was filthy. a rehomed chicken from someones flock.

Gail-Steman and Catdaddy6676 like this.
  3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

We've been cleaning up the veggie garden and winterizing the bees.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  4. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Sjoerd don't mention cleaning up..leaves need removing on our back but what's the point when you have winds bringing leaves off the trees :mad:

Sjoerd likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

chuckle.
    Here's wishing you strength, meid.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  6. Catdaddy6676

Catdaddy6676 In Flower

Harvested some bell and cayenne peppers which I used in my first try at fermenting veggies.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  7. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Not been able to get out yet to get leaves up still..it's sunny but windy so annoying.

8. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

:smt045:smt045:smt045 @Sjoerd today as been sunny and carm and got our their at 12pm and swept the garden..omg the amount of leaves and rests I had to take :shrug: it wore me out with the amount come off the creeper already but cut both my Pieris back as they was going leggy...we've got high winds coming Friday very nice :frustrated:

9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Harvested the last of the beetroot and prepared the spoil for bedecking. We'll give it a couple of days before covering it.
    Gail--I sure wish that I had your leaves, they make the nicest compost/ leafmould. We get the leaves that the sweep-up team here at the apartment building gather. --They sweep it up and deposit it, and we take it away to the lottie.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  10. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Sjoerd your welcome;) berry leaves / creeper / birch....there's a right mixture...you've been on again yourself today i see.

11. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

not much in the garden again. tossed all the peppers in the tray for sale and picked fresh ones. that is it. went to see my dad in rehab, baked some bread for a friend and cleaned up behind another remodeling project... I need to do the floor in the bathroom and then I think it will be done. (after that one last project ... the carpet needs to be torn out and replaced with a solid surface of somekind. I don't know what but not carpet ever again.. maybe next year?). then taking my sister to Virginia for a trip to see her son at college and back home for the funeral. nothing much happening from now until Wed. in my garden. sigh.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  12. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Letting that patch dry out another day, then I'll cover it with plant debris. I got some very nice apples from the neighbour lady so I shall make some more applesauce this afternoon. I can never get enough of it.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  13. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Did some cleaning and washing and now relaxing for the day, as i'll be on again out side cleaning up if sundays weather turns out to be good as stated.

14. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Picked a few tomatoes... nobody has tomatoes in their gardens at this point so selling them is the easiest thing ever right now...restocked the shed and am canning turkey today... it is one that has been passed around the family during the last two weeks. sounds silly but no one had time to do something with a 25 pound turkey that my sister in law bought before her stroke...So I finally just seasoned it and put it in the roaster and baked it overnight and cleaned it and canned it today. .thankful for refrigerators. at least it didn't go bad.

Sjoerd likes this.
  15. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I picked some cherry tomatoes and gave the hens a good talking-to. They haven't been laying as much as they should.
    Since we have been having rain our herbs are growing like weeds, so despite them being a bit damp, I harvested herbs and hung them to dry.
    Carolyn, your canner and refrigerator saved that turkey! I do the same thing--come home from the grocery with a chunk of on-sale meat that my husband says, "Why do we need that"? and I tell him that we will have it when we need it!

Sjoerd likes this.