What have you done today in the Garden?

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by razyrsharpe, Jan 20, 2014.

1. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

down to 50 cages. hip hip hooray! thats 2/3's done gleaned a bucket of decent tomatoes to treat the girls with along with a few nice peppers. I also saw a pheasant in the yard yesterday and when I went to the chicken yard last night there he was in the chickencoop. still there today. wild.

Sjoerd likes this.
  2. marlingardener

marlingardener Strong Ash

Wow, a pheasant? You may have a new pet, Carolyn!
    I weeded and watered the garlic, which is coming up nicely. It will get leaves about 2" long, then sit there quietly until early spring when it takes off growing. I also cut back the spent zinnias and saved seed to plant next year. The hummingbirds love the zinnias.
    Our hens have accepted the new outside coop. The 12-13 year old coop of wood and chicken wire was deteriorating, so we replaced it with a metal wire coop. Hens do not take well to change, and refused to go outside yesterday. When I went out this morning, I tossed some of the stale bread treats out and the "head hen" went out to get some. The other girls saw her and figured it was safe. Here I am, a college graduate, trying to out think chickens. The sad part is I feel so proud when I manage it!

Sjoerd and carolyn like this.
  3. mart

mart Hardy Maple

Chickens will win every time !

marlingardener and Sjoerd like this.