What kind of vacuum sweeper do you use?

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by carolyn, Apr 20, 2012.

1. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Carolyn would you consider something like this? My daughter is crazy about this sweeper but it cost a leg and arm here!

[youtube]ZyfIftD70Sc&feature=related[/youtube]

2. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

KK, while that is a great concept, I just don't think it would work well here, I have steps and an upstairs and a downstairs...it would probably fall down my steps and never finish. So, this type was not one I was considering. I have children still in the house and there is always something one the floor or fallen out of the laundry basket in the laundry room, school stuff, books, etc....

3. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Carolyn, I can relate about children still in the house and things on the floor and overflowing laundry baskets!

4. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Hi Carolyn, I have the Shark Navigator. It has 3 filters that can be removed and washed. The canister can also be washed. I just take the hose to it when it needs it. It also has a rotating brush for furniture, great with cat hair. a longer wand would be better, but other then that it work great.

Advertisement
  5. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

It pays to read instructions. On my oreck bagless canister vacuum. I can wash filter. Said to just soak. and let dry. It was dry in little over an hour. I only paid $100.00 for it.

6. SongofJoy57

SongofJoy57 In Flower

I love my shark . . . it is bagless, and has very good suction . . . It also swivels. Once I get started, I really enjoy vacumming with it, and don't want to stop . . . isn't that weird? . . . I never enjoyed it until I got this machine.

7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Song of Joy!!! VERY weird! But since there are two (all of two!!!) great likes for the shark, I think I will give one a try. weight is an issue going up and down the steps and a washable filter is enough to make me try one.
    The last one was a bissel and the one filter was $30.00 :eek: to replace it (the other one I forget) and it needed done at least once a year...more for me. I was getting disgusted with replacing them and it didn't seem to be sucking correctly even after we changed the filters and took the whole thing apart and cleaned it and put it back together :-x, I put it in the trash after owning it for about a year and a half. It probably still had warranty left on it, but I wanted nothing more to do with it it was so frustrating.

8. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Well, I finally decided after such great reviews on the Shark that with my kohl's cash and 20% off coupon that I should give in and get one. SO, with $80.00 off the sale price I ended up spending just a little over 1/2 price on the navigator style. Maybe like Song of Joy I will want to sweep sweep sweep.(oh, brother, I must be hallucinating to think that) She is much better house keeper than me.

9. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I hope it works out for you Caroline.

10. designtoddy

designtoddy New Seed

I bought a Miele upright a few years ago. It is amazing. Before that I owned a Dyson, and when it was time for a new vacuumn - I saw them perform next to one another. They were the same money, but the Miele outperformed. Those Germans, they make everything better;)

11. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

I bought a LG Kompressor about a year ago. It really sucks the dirt and crud out of carpets/rugs... and picks up pet hair well.
    I still don't like to vacuum though.
    Happy vacuuming Carolyn ;)

12. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

I kinda hinted to Santa. For a Dyson-animal .With cat and 2 dogs in small house.Our 90+ yellow lab-glad to be winter.She should not have as much hair coming out.But I have a hair lint brush from Fuller brush.Don't care what kind of vacuum I use on them at my customer's house.After vacuuming still will get hair.Customer was shocked first time I use it.Got grocery sack full.

13. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I have been using my little shark since I got it in Sept. and I am amazed at how much hair this thing picks up. I am emptying it at least once a week. We have kept the dog in the house literally since the hurricane went through and now this past week we had her spayed...I think she has shed some of her winter coat, too. I do keep her on a large rug by the door, but there is still hair everywhere between the cats and her, but she is the worst and it is somewhat contained since she stays on her rug most of the time.

Next time I will start putting it in a pile to show you how much it keeps picking up, If I can bring myself to take a picture of it :eek:

14. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

One customer has 2 cats and 1 dog. All long hair.I had to empty the oreck bagless 3 times.But then still on bed spread and the 6 throw rugs.After shaking them out.Went over with lint brush.She bought a couple.One for her DH-takes dog for many rides.So does my DH.But cover (Sandy's seat ) with flannel sheet.

15. Lil Bug

Lil Bug New Seed