What to Plant in short time.

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by KK Ng, Apr 14, 2017.

1. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

I had finally completed organizing a holiday trip for the whole family. This is the first time we are all going together on a trip since my children started working. We will be leaving for Japan on 20th May and returning on 31st May. So most of my veggies are done producing and most of the beds are bare now.

From now until we take off I have about 5 weeks and 5 week is not enough time for the veggies to mature for the table and the fruiting type might be just flowering then. So it looks like it would be just a waste of time if I were to start something now. No I would not allow the weeds who are ever so willing to take over.

At the moment I am thinking of planting peanuts and soya beans in all the empty beds and if the very unpredictable weather were to dry them out or flood them while I'm away, I still achieve something instead of just leaving the beds idle. The beans will add nitrogen to the ground. If they were to fruit then it would be an added bonus :)

Is this a good idea?

2. Loading...

3. LIcenter

LIcenter In Flower

Most bush beans mature at around the 45 day mark. And it's a no fuss plant.

4. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Thank you Licenter, I went to get some soy beans and peanuts yesterday and I'm going ahead with it. :)