What's for dinner?

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by Catdaddy6676, Nov 19, 2018.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Oh that sounds so delicious! I just printed it out and we'll have some this week. Please thank the chef for me (and for everyone else who now has this great recipe!).

2. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Welcome MG! I hope you enjoy it. You know, as I was typing out the recipe, I imagined you rolling your eyes because there are very few amounts of ingredients or lengths time listed! That's the way with homemade recipes though, right?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Right! I usually don't follow micro-managed recipes to the letter. Stoves and ovens vary; tastes vary; and even ingredients vary. I'll have fun with the shrimp recipe, and with those ingredients, how can it go wrong?

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

CAYU-- that shrimp dish looks smashing...so does the duck. That man can cook!

Advertisement
  5. Odif

Odif Young Pine

Cauliflower cheese with new potatoes and before that for an afternoon snack, these.
    7CC54954-727E-47EB-899C-8E47A46688D8.jpeg

Sjoerd, Logan, Cayuga Morning and 3 others like this.
  6. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

Just for a second and because tiny phone pictures, I thought those were bugs. Now I am hungry!

Odif, Logan and Cayuga Morning like this.
  7. Cayuga Morning

I did too Dirt!

Dirtmechanic likes this.
  8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Don't they look great!? Mate, I could eat those all nite long.

9. Cayuga Morning

GF pizza that we bought frozen in the store, horrors upon horrors! But we will doctor it up with fresh tomatoes, sausage, roasted red pepper and some basil. It'll be good, and an easy cooking night. Husband & I took a long walk around a local reservoir so we are tired. I might just have a beer with that pizza!

Sjoerd likes this.
  10. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

Becky makes a pasta with roasted garlic, carrot and broccoli, and to sate her meat eating husband, she baked chicken in a delightful dijon sauce. I enjoyed it very much.

11. Willowisp0801

Willowisp0801 In Flower

That's funny Dirt and Cayuga, I did as well. But after looking closer, it made me wish my strawberries were more then blooms.

12. Cayuga Morning

Me too Willow. I was just out at the Community Garden checking on them. Lots of blooms!

But I did pick enough asparagus for tonight's dinner.

Sjoerd likes this.
  13. Willowisp0801

Willowisp0801 In Flower

Oh yum, I miss Texas and the wild asparagus that grew everywhere, but not the heat.

14. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Junk food tonight-- chips and sausages.

15. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

We will having the Bride's world famous chili con carne again.
    We ventured out of the house today early in the morning to do our shopping for food. It has been more than three weeks now.
    After calming down from the experience and heavy physical work, we began.
    I was sousing again as usual. She announced what I needed to do and the order in which the jobs must be done. I set-up my production like over to the side of that counter. Knife, newspaper plastic container...then stalled out the onions, paprika's and bean cans. There was a lot to be done because we were making food for multiple meals. She began with the heat and meat as I peeled the first onion. (I had selected some white as well as purple onions for an attractive colour scheme.

Off with the skins...off with the ends...a slice through the middle then it was tok, tok, tok...
    She eased over to take an onion saying that she would be needing them sooner rather than later, since that ground beef was not frozen. She did one onion and returned down the way to the stove.

I scraped them into the deep pan as soon as I had finished.

Next I started with those nice paprika's (Bell peppers as some call them). I plunged the knife in and went around the stem--out with the seeds, and then it was sliced into segments at a jaunty angle, of course.
    About this time my Bride appeared over to my left and picked up a paprika and began working it over. I glanced over and saw that she was just cutting the slices willy-nilly and "Stop...stop, stop, stop! ", I said. she looked over st me shocked..."Wot?", she said shaking her back and forth as she shrugged her shoulders.
    "I have told you a thousand times--'at-a-jaunty-angle'. You will never achieve that Michelin star like that. Tch! What'r you like."
    She shook her head and smiled as she merrily went along making those roughly cut amorphic segments.

I mean guys...women with sharp instruments??! C'mon. Y'know-- Lizzy Borden had lumberjack skills, but I would not want her fixing me my supper, knowwaddah mean, Vern?

Well, the dust has settled and the smell is wafting. We have sampled a couple of times and it has definite promise. I tell you, its the pure cacao that makes the difference. Jeepers-creepers, I can only with the greatest difficulty, contain my lust for this coming meal.

The Bride has already informed me that she wants to watch a film this evening after the food and news. The evening is shaping up to be a good one and I may have a few preferences myself.

Smakelijk eten, we say.