What's this on my orchid?

Discussion in 'Houseplants' started by Ronni, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Ronni, a good site for pronouncing words is:

http://www.howjsay.com/index.php?word

Just type in the word and submit, it will pronounce the word with a british accent. If however, the American english is pronounced differently, then it will give that pronunciation too.

CSS is a text programming language for web pages that gives the page a richer presentation than just a page with words or words and pictures. Cascading Style Sheets make web browsing a lot easier on the eyes. They provide the icing on the cake. No HTML page should leave its web server without one. HTML is Hyper Text Markup Language the backbone of all web pages. CSS3, the latest iteration of CSS, provides animation. All this makes browsing more fun.

Jerry

2. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Thanks for the link Jerry. Now I know how to pronounce philodendron, and a host of other words I input, just for fun. :)

Also CSS...yes! As soon as you told me what it was, I realized I knew already...though very much in the abstract. HTML I understand, but a coder I am NOT! But two of my boys are....well, a son and a son-in-law....both do web development for a living and I realize now I've heard the abbreviation from them before.