When do you start planning your dinner ?

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by mart, Apr 18, 2021.

1. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Me and the bf's roommate plans dinners for the whole week every weekend, then goes grocery shopping. Every Tuesday we have some sort of taco/burrito/enchilada, like yesterday was fish tacos. We usually have a chicken dish, a couple slow cooker meals, sometimes pizza.

2. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

We don’t do meal planning very much, especially from spring through the fall. Its because we put in such long days at the lottie. Sometimes we eat at the lottie with call-ins, pick up from Mickey-D’s that’s nearby or ear sarnies that we brought from home. If we make it home without eating at the lottie we have frozen meals we can pop into the mee’crow wah-vay and Bob’s yer uncle.
    It is not a healthy way to live to be sure, but we try and eat properly in-between. When the restaurants are open again we will drop into one after a decent interval, when we bike home.

When becoming professional Pensionado's, planning is something that we do for gardening, but little else.

Cayuga Morning and DianneWoollie like this.
  3. cuatro-gatos

cuatro-gatos In Flower

Somebody should have warned me 27 years ago that planning what is for dinner is the hardest part of being married!

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I guess I start planning the weeks meals when I go shopping on Thursdays. It all depends on what is on sale!I
    I plan each days meal first thing in the morning. But I'm guaranteed that my teen doesn't want what I'm making so she cooks for herself!

Cayuga Morning likes this.

Advertisement
  5. DianneWoollie

DianneWoollie In Flower

Depends on a great deal of factors....If I think about it early because of a fancy then the meal is set in gold...Mostly it is down to what my Husband wants, but through medical reasons he has to limited certain foods and day to day can vary how he reacts to food stuffs..We can prepare a meal of many dishes at the last minute almost...I batch cook beef mince mixed with onions and carrots as they can be several dishes..Shepherds Pie Lasagne, Spaghetti Bolognese even Cornish Pasties are all the same basic mix, just a case of adding the various sauces/veggies/flavourings like some spices and herbs
    Tonight I said how about a griddle and Husband said well indoors, messy...but I won, so he layed over the table some plastic sheeting and set up the Electric Griddle on that and the preparation took half an hour...result he says now can we have that again in a few days....
    a picture of our griddle.JPG
    veggies added Courgettes and Peppers and of course French Baguette....no mess
    and wiped over the griddle whilst still hot..easy when they are new....

Cayuga Morning, Sjoerd and S-H like this.
  6. mart

mart Strong Ash

I agree !! Very romantic settings !

DianneWoollie likes this.
  7. mart

mart Strong Ash

I like the "no mess "part !

8. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Looks good Dianne.

@Sjoerd isn't the freedom of being pensionados wonderful?

DianneWoollie likes this.
  9. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

We cook pretty much every night. About half the time I’ll pull some kind of meat out of the freezer in the morning before work, the rest of the time we figure it out once we’re home.

I take the previous night’s leftovers for lunch the next day so unless we big-batch cook there usually aren’t leftovers for dinner.

DianneWoollie and S-H like this.
  10. DianneWoollie

DianneWoollie In Flower

Cannot beat a bin liner cover..just forgot the candles..haha..That is a kitchen table not a dining table BTW....:rolleyes: