Which kitchen pulls?

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by Ronni, Feb 1, 2014.

1. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Ronni, I actually like the last choice the best. The metal knobs looked hard to keep clean and the other knobs just weren't me, but I didn't have to use them or look at them or keep them clean, but the last one looks to be easy to clean, and will camouflage anything you missed.
    That said... your friends? worried about the value of your house? why, are you putting it on the market? then it is irrelevant (obviously you aren't planning that). If you like them, you are paying for them, you get to look at them, (clean them) and enjoy them. The county auditor is not going to come in and assess your taxes according to your knob choice. :rolleyes: .
    Just let us see them when they are installed.

2. mart

mart Strong Ash

Just tell your "friends" they can be boring if they want to but you are not. I absolutely hate all the stuff that everybody has one like it.

3. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Thanks guys! Those friends were well meaning and are in homes that they won't be spending the rest of their lives in, so it's understandable that they're focused on making changes that increase the re-sale value of the house. I'd probably have a similar mindset too if I weren't planning on being here till I croak. ;)

They shipped!! And according to tracking, will be here end of day tomorrow.

Guess what I'll be doing this weekend? And yes, I will DEFINITELY be posting pictures. I'll be boring you to DEATH with pictures!! :setc_005:

4. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Well, I just couldn't wait till the weekend! I put a few of the knobs on last night, while I was cooking dinner. I'm just tickled with the way they look. They're subtle, but I think really compliment the cabinets AND the kitchen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I take a photo from a distance, at least with my phone camera, the details of the knob fade a bit. They have more punch in person…you can see the yellow basket weave design much more easily when you're standing in the kitchen than you can in the photo. But you get the idea at least.

[​IMG]

I'll get the rest put on over the weekend. I'm REALLY pleased!

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I bet they add just enough color to your perky yellow kitchen.

6. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

I'm really tickled with how they look!

What's going to get done next is to disappear the darkened areas around some of the cabinet pulls. It's long term wear on the cabinet finish and it's annoying. I'm not going to refinish the cabinets just to get rid of those areas. If I were, I'd tackle the hinges too and get them replaced because I'd have to take all the doors off anyway. which I'm NOT going to do. Some judicious distressing of those areas will vanish the problem, because the finish is pickled pine so it already looks somewhat distressed.

[​IMG]

Frank likes this.